Adding Cameras to Folders¶
If an Organization has a large number of added cameras, it becomes important to have the means to navigate them easily. To address this, Watcher provides Folders, which are used to group cameras on some basis, for example, based on their geographical location.
One folder can include a number of subfolders and cameras. Placing cameras into folders is similar to organizing the storage of documents in the file system.
The folders are also required for the following purposes:
- To create layered graphics plans.
- To manage permissions to cameras. The folder is a minimum permission unit, i.e. you can set each user's permissions to each folder but not to individual camera.
Creating a folder and adding cameras to it¶
By default, all cameras in an Organization are added to the root folder.
To create a folder and add cameras to it:
- Go to Organization in the Watcher UI
- Open the Organization profile and select the Cameras tab
- Click the Add a folder icon next to the Organization name
Drag a camera from the list to the folder using the six-dot control on the left.
To rename a folder, just click its name.
Another way to add a camera to a folder is by editing the Folder field in the camera settings.
To delete a folder:
- Move all the cameras from the folder you are going to delete. You can move them to another folder or to the root folder of the Organization.
- Click the trash bin icon next to the folder.