Enable statistics collection by clicking button on license card in client area.
After this action Flussonic will start uploading history of video sessions to our cloud service and you will be able to see reports in real time.
Storing statistics and getting basic reports is free for our clients with active subscriptions or perpetual licenses with access to updates.
With our service you can find out:
- what devices use your customers
- how many traffic was consumed
- geo distribution of your customers
- channel distribution between your customers
These reports can help you to understand what is really popular for your customers: you can add interesting content and throw away not-interesting.
You can make reports for your clients: how many traffic have they consumed and how many views were made. It will be very helpful to compare our reports with other statistics to get a better picture of resources usage and service level.
Customer device and user agent analysis will give you good information to select content quality: mobile phone will be ok with moderate quality of content, but TV users will be glad with FullHD.
Geo distribution of customers will help you to install streamers in proper locations.
After enabling in client area Flussonic will send on our servers following information about each session:
- unique servers id, that is generated on initial server launch
- creation time
- closing time
- channel/file name
- user IP address
- unique session identifier
- auth token that was used to open session
- session protocol
- bytes transferred to user
- user_id provided by auth backend
- referer (http or rtmp) for this session
- useragent for this session
Geobase lookup and useragent parsing are handled in our service.
Flussonic generates very small amount of traffic to our service, so you do not need to take it in consideration while planning your network.
Right now we can show you:
- summary statistics: how many sessions were totally recorded during selected period
- amount of unique sessions (read notes below)
- total traffic
- total view time, i.e. sum of sessions durations
You can select dates, filter by channel name (substring search), also you can filter by your servers and user_id if you click "more filters".
Then you can select different reports in menu tabs:
On dashboard we show:
- popular countries (sorted by traffic)
- popular channels (sorted by sessions count)
- popular protocols (sorted by traffic)
In Channels tab we show channels, sorted by traffic.
In Sessions you can see sorted by creation time sessions, organized by days.
Read comments below about Unique sessions.
In Useragents we show distribution of device types by sessions count and traffic and list of known useragents.
In Servers you can get info about your servers and in Users info about users, identified by user_id from auth backend.
We are making online session aggegation: those that are looking similar are combined in one.
If during one day we have sessions with the same ip, channel name, protocol, user_id, referer and useragent, then we can combine them and show in tab Unique sessions. Their total count will be shown in Summary block in header.
Difference between Unique sessions and Sessions is that we also show amount of combined sessions. This report can be useful to show that there may be problems with network connection of session accounting.