Digital Video Recording (DVR)
With Flussonic Media Server, you can use rich archive-related functionality:
- Real time recording and viewing IP cameras without limitations on the archive size
- Recording and postponed viewing of TV channels without limitations on the archive size
- Maintaining the archive depth (for example, 1 week)
- Broadcasting HLS, HDS, MPEG-TS, RTSP, RTMP, DASH
- Broadcasting in the timeshift mode (for example, video can be shifted for an hour back)
- Export of video to MP4 files
- Recording video to an enterprise storage or to a cloud storage such as Amazon S3
- Work with apllication-level disks array, with high reliability and accessibility of the archive.
Video archiving in Flussonic Media Server has a number of features that distinguish it from competitors:
- No limitation on archive size: you can store months or even years of video
- Access to an archive as if it was an endless video tape
- Thumbnails are part of an archive (this allows a fast preview of individual thumbnails without rewinding)
- Built-in restreaming and replication of archives (for a group of Flussonic Media Servers)
- Good speed of reading and recording, reduced disk I/O when recording.
- SSD caching.
- DVR configuration
- DVR playback. Playing the archive using the web interface or special URLs
- Reading DVR via different video protocols
- Timeshift in a different time zone.
- Recording of programs (Catchup TV)
- Exporting archive records to MP4 files
- Exporting keyframes to MP4 files for time-lapse video creation.
- DVR API
- DVR and authorization. Authorization of access to the archive
- Making thumbnails of video tracks and saving them in the archive
- Cluster DVR. Storing archives in a distributed video delivery environment
- Automatic replication of archives between servers.
- Record the archive in the «cloud» storage (S3 or Swift).