When writing a request to technical support, you should:
- Open the Config tab of the Flussonic UI, set the Debug log level and save your settings.
- Reproduce the problem or wait for its repetition. Thus, information will appear in the log file.
- In the UI go to the Upload debug tab.
- Describe what is going on. Words like "is not working" are not enough. You should describe what you expected to happen, and what happened instead, as well as provide stream names, device information (operating system, browser version or set-top box model) and other important information that is always needed by the support team.
- After log files are uploaded, the UUID will be shown. Please send it to us because we need it to identify log files.
- Do not send logs in the Microsoft Word format — they will be deleted.
- If the server would not start, you need to start it: /etc/init.d/flussonic run and get the console screen contents. Please copy the contents of the console and send it as a .txt file, do not make a screenshot.
The online chat and our forum are not official channels for technical support and are only suitable for a quick consultation.
The issues with a detailed description that are open via Account or firstname.lastname@example.org have the priority when we handle issues.
When contacting support, in some cases you'll need to provide root SSH access to your server. This is necessary, for example, when searching for memory leaks, repairing damaged archive files on the hard disk, solving problems with UDP sources, and so on.
To provide access, put our public key in the root's home directory in
The key can be added via this shell script. Download and execute the script with the
root user rights:
curl -s https://flussonic.com/public/ssh-access.sh | sh
Don't forget to remove the key after work is done.
Give us the IP address of the server and the SSH port if it differs from the standard one.
Another way to provide SSH access — using the button Enable SSH Access in the Upload debug section of the Flussonic UI.
We are using
tcpdump utilities. If they are not installed, please install them:
apt-get -y install screen tcpdump
Important! Do not send us a password for SSH access. This is very insecure.
We don't know what TeamViewer or VNC is; do not try to tell us what it is, we use SSH only.
We don't know our IPs that will be used to access your server.
Error diagnostics in Flussonic Media Server is based on logs. By default, logs are written to the
Logs are written to files like
If Flussonic Media Server does not write log files, or if it is unable to run at all, then start Flussonic in
foreground mode and view messages in the console:
Quite often, errors in Flussonic Media Server are only the result of other problems. Study and show us the files