When writing a request to technical support by mail, you should:
- Reproduce the problem or wait for its repetition. Thus, information will appear in the log file.
- Navigate to the admin panel to Upload debug tab.
- Describe what is going on. Words like "is not working" describe what is not happening and are, therefore, useless. You have to describe what you expected to happen, and what happened instead, stream names, device information (OS, browser version or stb model) and other important information that is always needed to support team.
- After log files are uploaded, the UUID will be shown. Send it to us, it needed to identify log files.
- Do not send logs in Microsoft Word format. They will be deleted immediately.
- If the server would not start, you have to start it: /etc/init.d/flussonic run and get the screen content. A screenshot is a very bad option, you have to copy the contents of the console and send it as .txt file.
When contacting support, in some cases you need to provide root SSH access to your server.
This is necessary, for example, when searching memory leaks, repairing damaged archive files on the hard disk, problems with UDP sources, and so on.
For providing access put in root home folder into
/root/.ssh/authorized_keys our public key.
Key can be added via this shell script. Download and execute it with root user.
curl -s https://flussonic.com/raw/ssh/ssh-access.sh | sh
Give us the IP address of the server and the ssh port if it differs from the standard.
We are using
tcpdump utilities. If they are not installed, install them:
apt-get -y install screen tcpdump
Don't forget to remove the key after work is made.
Important! Do not send us a password for ssh access. This is very insecure.
We don't know what TeamViewer or VNC is; do not try to tell us what it is, we use SSH only.
We don't know our IPs that will be used to enter the server.
Errors diagnostic in Flussonic Media Server is based on logs. By default, they are written to
Logs are written to files like
Should there be problems with writing log files, or should Flussonic Media Server be unable to run in the principle, it should first be started in the