To enable statistics collection, click the button Enable statistics on the license card in the client area.
After this action Flussonic will start uploading history of video sessions to our cloud service and you will be able to see reports in real time.
Storing statistics and getting basic reports is free for our clients with active subscriptions or perpetual licenses with access to updates.
With our statistics service you can find out:
- what devices your subscribers use
- how much traffic was consumed
- geographic distribution of your customers
- channel (streams) distribution among your customers
These reports can help you understand what is really popular with your customers: you can add interesting content and remove unpopular one.
With this service, you can also provide reports for your clients: how many traffic they consumed and how many views were made. It would be very helpful to compare our reports with statistics got by using other methods to get a better picture of resources usage and service level.
Customer device and User Agent analysis will give you good information to select content quality: mobile phone users will be OK with moderate quality of content, but TV users will be glad to have FullHD.
Geographic distribution of customers will help you to decide where to install streamer servers (move them to proper locations or add more servers to current locations).
After you have enabled statistics gathering (see the beginning of this page), each of your Flussonic servers starts sending to our servers the following information about each session:
- unique server id, which is generated on initial server launch
- session creation time
- session closing time
- channel/file name
- user IP address
- unique session identifier
- auth token that was used to open the session
- session protocol
- bytes transferred to user during this session
- user_id provided by the auth backend
- referer (http or rtmp) for this session
- useragent for this session
Geobase address lookup and User Agent parsing are handled by Flussonic's service.
Flussonic generates very small amount of traffic to our service, so you do not need to take it in consideration while planning your network.
The statistics service can show you:
- summary statistics: how many sessions were totally recorded during a selected period
- the number of unique sessions (read the notes below)
- total traffic
- total view time (= the sum of session durations)
Each report opens on a dedicated tab (Dashboard, Servers, and so on).
In the toppart of the page there are fitlera that are applied to all reports:
- From — To — select time interval
- filter by stream — filter the list by channel name (you can specify only a part of the name)
You can select dates, filter the reports by channel name (substring search), also you can filter by your servers and user_id if you click "more filters".
Add more filters by clicking more filters:
- Select servers - the amount of traffic transferred via the server
- minimum duration — the minimum duration of a session, in seconds
- filter by ip — the client's IP address
- filter by user_id — the client identifier (UserId, received from the authorization backend)
- useragent — programmes and devices by which a user accessed video content
- maximum duration — the maximum duration of a session, in seconds.
On Dashboard we show:
- popular countries (ordered by traffic)
- popular channels (ordered by sessions count)
- popular protocols (ordered by traffic)
On the Channels tab we show channels ordered by traffic.
In Sessions you can see user sessions ordered by creation time, represented in groups (see the tabs, each tab corresponds to a day).
The report Unique sessions is described later on this page.
In Useragents we show distribution of device types by the number of sessions and the amount of traffic, as well as the list of User Agents.
In Servers you can get info about your Flussonic servers.
- total traffic (Traffic)
- the number of user sessions (Connections)
- total session duration (Duration).
In Servers online shows summary data about Flussonic servers that are up and working at the moment. Here, Last updated means the time when the most recent figures were taken to create this report.
The Users tab shows data grouped by
UserId. The statistics are proveided only for those users that received
UserId from the Flussonic's auth backend.
- Traffic - total traffic consumed by a user
- Count - the number of user sessions
- View time - total session duration.
The tab Worldmap shows summary figures by countries:
- the number of views in the country
- the amount of traffic consumed in the country
To switch to statistics by views, click Switch to views in the top left corner of the reprot.
To switch to statistics by traffic, click Switch to traffic.
The tab Durations shows summary session durations. The horizontal scale shows the duration of the sessions, and the vertical scale shows the number of sessions and the total traffic.
We can aggregate online sessions in real time: those that are looking similar are combined in one. If during one day we have sessions with the same IP address, channel name, protocol, user_id, Referer, User-Agent, then we can combine them and show in the tab Unique sessions. Their total number is shown in Summaryblock in the header.
This report can indicate problems with network connection (if it shows that a user often re-connects) or with session accounting.