Flussonic Media Server v.23.04
What’s new in Flussonic Media Server 23.04
Flussonic Media Server 23.04 comes packed with a lot of tangible updates including MPTS output significant improvement, multiplexer tab and a lot of other enhancement in the admin UI, multi audio tracks ingest from DekTec SDI, PTSP ingest from Panassonic camera, WebRTC’s bug work around to support publication with OBS over WHIP, WebRTC and DVR player user and viewing experience improvements, ads insertion in VOD
- #4597 (new) (DVR Player) Supported audio track selection in the DVR Player.
- #12850 (new) (UI) Implemented filter by protocol on the Retroview -> Sessions page at my2.flussonic.com.
- #14908 (new) (Flussonic) Server-side per-user ad inserting is available for VOD.
- #19080 (new) (UI) The design of the “Multiplexers” tab was improved to make the MPTS push configuration process easier and more user-friendly.
- #19834 (new) (UI) The
eit_title setting of the multiplexer can now be configured in the UI.
- #23303 (new) (UI) The “DVB cards” tab in the Flussonic UI now allows you to configure ASI cards.
- #23323 (new) (DVR Player) The DVR Player now shows if the stream is live (
stats.status) or not live.
- #24462 (new) (Flussonic) The list of servers to which Flussonic refers when the USB license fails was updated to minimize connections with servers outside the server’s region: for example, Flussonic servers in the US will send data to the license servers in the US only.
- #25102 (new) (Flussonic) Supported ASI push to DekTec cards.
- #25128 (new) (Flussonic) Supported ingesting of more than two stereo audio tracks from DekTec SDI cards with fine-tuning in the config file.
- #25623 (new) (Flussonic) Implemented timestamp based packet delivery (TSBPD) mechanism for SRT publication and playback.
- #27032 (new) (DVR Player) Implemented the ability to share a specific moment in the archive.
- #28257 (new) (DVR Player) Added the “Share” control in the Player allowing you to share the link to online or DVR Player and select exported tracks (if more that one).
- #28661 (new) (UI) The design of the Templates page was updated to be in line with the rest of the UI. Removed undescriptive Uptime and Bitrate info from the template’s Input column.
- #28670 (new) (UI) Updated the design of the “Play sessions” page in the Flussonic Admin UI.
- #28671 (new) (UI) The design of the Sources page was updated to be in line with the rest of the UI.
- #28673 (new) (UI) The design of the VODs page was updated to be in line with the rest of the UI.
- #28680 (new) (UI) The design of the Cluster page was updated to be in line with the rest of the UI.
- #29021 (new) (UI) The “Delete” and “Save” buttons are now always displayed in the bottom of the page on the stream settings tabs.
- #29076 (new) (UI) The design of the Input and Process tabs on the Sources page was updated to be in line with the rest of the UI.
- #29163 (new) (WebRTC Player) Supported auto track selection for playback.
- #29171 (new) (UI) More MPEG-TS options are available for SPTS pusher.
- #13848 (fixed) (DVR Player) HLS set as default protocol for
embed.html in Safari.
- #19499 (improved) (Flussonic) Flussonic now tries to automatically disable the
rp_filter when you enable multicast ingest on the network interface.
- #23360 (improved) (Flussonic API) Removed unused fields from the transcoder schema:
timeout, as well as
async from transcoder audio track info.
- #24687 (fixed) (DVR Player) Fixed
hlsError when watching the archive via
/vsaas/embed player in Watcher (via the “Share” link in the camera’s menu).
- #25131 (fixed) (Flussonic API) The close reason of WHIP publish session was made more specific to reflect if the close was caused by a failure or user’s action and to avoid the “unknown” reasons in logs.
- #27023 (fixed) (Flussonic) Fixed the issue with PTS (presentation timestamp) of the SCTE markers not adjusted after passing through Flussonic remaining the same as in the source.
- #27559 (improved) WebRTC demo is updated to the latest Media Server and player versions.
- #27560 (improved) (Flussonic API) Some of the old API calls of
flussonic/api were discontinued. Such calls will be removed from the documentation, please refer to the documentation release notes.
- #27788 (improved) (UI) Added the ability to sort the opened VOD files by the number of clients.
- #27789 (improved) (UI) The paging controls in the stream list are now displayed both in the top and in the bottom of the list for convenience.
- #27869 (fixed) (Flussonic) Eliminated memory leak after restreaming with on-demand thumbnails enabled in the template.
- #27929 (fixed) (Flussonic) Fixed the issue with the loss of audio synchronization after decoding on DekTec SDI.
- #28221 (improved) (UI) Fixed the DNS settings display on the Chassis tab: the DNS from
chassis.interface_config is now configurable and DNS from
chassis.interface_stats is read only.
- #28346 (improved) Fixed the issue with missing data on the Overview and Transcoder tabs in the Cloud stream settings.
- #28395 (fixed) (UI) The text tracks (t1, t2, etc.) removed from the track selection control in Multiplexer because this function is not supported.
- #28423 (improved) (Flussonic API) The request for exporting the archive to MP4 was updated to move
duration parameters to the query string instead of URL.
- #28462 (fixed) (WebRTC Player) Improved overall user experience characteristics including video startup time in the WebRTC Player.
- #28471 (improved) (Flussonic) Reduced the number of
source_connected messages in the log that were excessively generated at HLS playback.
- #28509 (fixed) (Flussonic) Fixed the issue with
source_hostname not changing after switching the stream’s input.
- #28537 (fixed) (Flussonic) Fixed the issue with skipping several milliseconds or seconds of video when playing DASH DVR recorded from an M4F source.
- #28556 (fixed) (UI) Removed the confusing tooltip under the DVR player on the “DVR” tab.
- #28588 (fixed) (UI) Fixed a crash on the VOD location’s “browse” page appeared when a file and search were opened at the same time.
- #28590 (fixed) (Flussonic API) The config_validate request fixed to allow passing array of integer as a string in the query string but return an error when it is in JSON.
- #28635 (improved) (UI) The session list is now sorted descending by starting date and time on the “Playback all” page at my2.flussonic.com.
- #28699 (improved) (Flussonic API) Fixed excessive error messages in the log generated on referring to the IPTV plugin when it is not started or not configured.
- #28822 (fixed) (Flussonic) Fixed the issue with DVR from the origin server being unavailable after several restreaming iterations (only DVR from the last source in the chain was available).
- #28830 (fixed) (Flussonic) Supported publication from OBS over WHIP by implementing a workaround for WebRTC bug.
- #28852 (fixed) (DVR Player) Fixed the issue with session statistics not being collected and transmitted by the DVR Player in OTT mode.
- #28896 (fixed) (UI) Fixed the issue with incorrect bitrate and number of tracks displayed in the card view of the stream list.
- #28959 (fixed) (Flussonic) Fixer RTSP ingest from Panasonic cameras.
- #28972 (fixed) (Flussonic) Fixed the issue with inability to set teletext or SCTE PID (application track ID) when pushing SPTS over UDP.
- #28980 (improved) (Flussonic) Improved the stability of Flussonic running in unprivileged containers.
- #28984 (improved) (Flussonic API) The
/save-mp4-from-duration API method was replaced with /dvr/export.
- #28985 (improved) (WebRTC Player) Supported track selection in the player when playing via WHEP.
- #29019 (fixed) (Flussonic) Fixed the issue with teletext/SCTE tracks not appearing in the PMT until there is any payload in the source.
- #29036 (fixed) (Flussonic) The network tuning for improved UDP capture (including WebRTC) is now performed automatically on Flussonic start.
- #29092 (fixed) (Flussonic) Fixed the issue with PNR changing in the multiplexer caused the MPTS pusher to fail.
- #29093 (fixed) (Flussonic) Fixed the issue with RTSP ingest not working with
- #29145 (fixed) (WebRTC Player) Supported track selection for streams with a slash (
/) in their name.
- #29156 (fixed) (Flussonic) Fixed uncommon HTTP 500 errors in response to the
streams request on the restreaming server with
source directives in its config.
- #29191 (fixed) (Flussonic) Fixed the VRAM leak appeared after changing
media_info in the source.
- #29274 (fixed) (Flussonic) The pusher now stops pushing if the explicitly set network interface is down, i.e. pusher does not switch to any other available interfaces to avoid pushing through them when connection on the pusher’s interface restores.
- #29445 (fixed) (UI) Eliminated HTTP 404 errors in the Flussonic admin UI console.
- #29527 (improved) (UI) The DVR player is now available on the Overview tab in the stream profile with the ability to switch between live and DVR modes in the same way as in the stream list.
- #29559 (improved) (UI) Improved the UI displayed on mobile devices: the fields in the transcoder settings form now take less space; the stream creation form is now displayed in the stream list when no streams have been created yet.
- #27792 (improved) (Flussonic) The list of supported input protocols, containers, and codecs was updated for clarity.
- #27981 (improved) (Flussonic) Added the example of a command for running Flussonic in a docker container with hardware transcoding using NVIDIA NVENC.
- #29131 (improved) (Flussonic) The obsolete
save_ad_schedules API call removed from the documentation. The
flussonic/api/v3 calls were replaced with
streamer/api/v3 (mainly on the Flussonic API Design) page.