Flussonic Media Server 22.10
Flussonic Media Server 22.10 has been released.
Flussonic is now fully compatible with the Kubernetes environment. Use our guide, and you will get a working server ready for receiving streams with a few clicks. We provide examples of running Flussonic both on DigitalOcean and in Docker Desktop. Also find an example of creating a publishing cluster in our public git repository.
Please share your experience of using Flussonic in Kubernetes with us at email@example.com.
The quality of experience in real-time communication will greatly improve – in this Flussonic version we enhanced the quality of playback over WebRTC/UDP.
Check the full list of improvements and fixes below and get your servers upgraded as soon as possible.
- #8551 (new) (Flussonic) Millisecond accuracy supported for program date and time (#EXT-X-PROGRAM-DATE-TIME tag) in HLS playlists to improve EPG usage and Ad Insertion precision.
- #8830 (new) (Flussonic) The
url_prefix option is now supported for DASH manifests so that you could specify a balancer or CDN URL for streams played via this protocol.
- #19590 (new) (Flussonic API) Removed deprecated events
pusher_exited. Please use up-to-date events:
- #23805 (new) (Flussonic) Subtitles in SCTE-27 format from the ingested stream are now passed without change through the transcoder to be available in the output stream.
- #25259 (new) (Flussonic UI) Added tooltips for the options in Flussonic UI corresponding to the parameters in API reference.
- #25332 (new) (Flussonic API) Implemented new unified protocol for intra-module frame flow inside the server. It is a basis for future user plugins.
- #25590 (new) (Flussonic k8s) Prepared tutorials with examples on GitHub for launching Flussonic in Kubernetes.
- #25598 (new) (Flussonic) Introducing new mechanism: config_external for passing actual stream configuration to Flussonic.
- #25647 (new) (Flussonic API) The
running_on parameter was implemented in the stream stats showing where the stream runs in the cluster_ingest mode.
- #25746 (new) (Flussonic API) Added Client-Host header and client_host query string parameter to config_external calls.
- #12186 (improved) (Flussonic) Huge refactoring in pusher mechanisms that allows faster and more reliable start.
- #24734 (improved) (Flussonic) HLS DVR request now returns VOD playlist if the start of the period is in the past regardless of the end of the period. The
event parameter in the URL added to allow getting EVENT playlist if the end of the period is in the future.
- #24806 (improved) (Flussonic) Fixed loss of information about DVR presence when playing an m4f-restreamed video over DASH that in turn caused thumbnails being unavailable in DASH manifest even though enabled on-demand on restreamer.
- #24980 (improved) (Flussonic) Improved the balancer’s logic in the
streams mode to take only running streams into account when choosing the server.
- #25065 (improved) (Flussonic) Fixed segment forming by NVENC transcoder for stream with SCTE-35 markers.
- #25235 (improved) (Coder) Removed obsolete OMX transcoder for Coder.
- #25368 (improved) (Flussonic) Refactored RTSP implementation.
- #25379 (improved) (Flussonic) Internal RTMP refactoring. Drop support for Shared objects, VOD, DVR RTMP reading. They are not used for several years already.
- #25453 (improved) (Flussonic) Disabled deprecated TSTCP protocol.
- #25488 (improved) (Flussonic) Fixed syntax of CUE-OUT-CONT tag in HLS playlists that may have caused SCTE35 AWS markers to be read incorrectly.
- #25552 (improved) (Flussonic) Publishing via WHIP and playing via WHAP are now enabled by default in our WebRTC player configuration.
- #25664 (improved) (Flussonic k8s) Fixed invalid JSON in logs for Docker.
- #25829 (improved) (Flussonic) Enhanced signaling of source errors.
- #25854 (improved) (Flussonic) Implemented push URL validation to avoid errors due to using unsupported protocols.
- #25911 (improved) (Flussonic) Internal RTSP refactoring that allows faster start of on-demand streams watched by RTSP.
- #25993 (improved) (Flussonic API) Removed old API functions: media, streams, get_config, stream_create. Closed potential vulnerability by deleting old code.
- #23145 (improved) (Сloud) Implemented API requests for managing API keys (tokens) securing your API calls.
- #16913 (fixed) (Flussonic) Fixed issue with updating rolling releases of Flussonic from UI.
- #22655 (fixed) (Flussonic UI) Fixed “IGNORE” option in Flussonic UI allowing you to add streams to blacklist.
- #24125 (fixed) (Flussonic) Fixed the error caused the session to close whenever the auth backend became unavailable. The session now exists with the latest status until denied or allowed explicitly.
- #24608 (fixed) (Flussonic) Fixed interruption of deinterlacing on NVENC after an input failure.
- #25227 (fixed) (Flussonic) Fixed video freezes when playing via WebRTC a transcoded stream published to Flussonic via WebRTC/UDP.
- #25248 (fixed) (Flussonic) Fixed 404 error that showed on accessing the URL formed by WebRTC publisher when token is specified in the pushed stream parameters.
- #25279 (fixed) (Flussonic) Returned the ability of Flussonic to put logs into
/var/log/syslog when launched in non-containerized environment while keeping the logs in
stdout when launched in Docker.
- #25349 (fixed) (Flussonic) The PUBLISHER_EVENTS.STREAMING event added to WHIP/WHAP publishing/playing sessions.
- #25638 (fixed) (Flussonic) Improved handling of RTSP errors 451 and 401.
- #25682 (fixed) (Flussonic k8s) Fixed data deletion in k8s secrets.
- #25685 (fixed) (Flussonic) Fixed error 500 when requesting HLS playlist.
- #25692 (fixed) (Flussonic) Fixed publishing HTTP MPEG-TS via ffmpeg 5 when it sends payload before waiting any headers.
- #25797 (fixed) (Lontra) Improved log storing in Lontra to avoid excessive log size.
- #24712 (fixed) (Cloud) Fixed filters in Cloud API
/usage query to allow filtering by all parameters not only those specified in the
- #24424 (new) (Watcher) Updated instructions on Nvidia driver installation to help you install Watcher video analytics on Ubuntu 20.04 or 22.04 LTS releases
- #24803 (new) Added instruction on building a User Generated Content (UGC) service or platform based on Flussonic Media Server.
- #25596 (new) (Flussonic) Added a tutorial on how to set up Flussonic in Kubernetes.
- #25083 (improved) (Flussonic) Described Let’s Encrypt CLI tool that allows you to obtain a multidomain Let’s Encrypt certificate
- #25238 (improved) (Flussonic) Added instruction for uploading debug from console in case if you cannot access Flussonic UI for some reason but need to contact support.
- #25361 (improved) (Flussonic) Instruction on uploading SSL certificates was updated to clarify that the certificate file must only contain one certificate to be uploaded via Flussonic UI.
- #25485 (improved) VOD playback page updated to show how to get links for available protocols for playing VOD in Flussonic UI
- #25554 (improved) (Flussonic) Described the use of SMIL files for adaptive-bitrate VOD streaming.
- #25608 (improved) (Flussonic) Described enabling CMAF in Flussonic UI when configuring LL HLS
- #25610 (improved) (Flussonic) The Pulse tab in Flussonic UI and metrics available on it were described.
- #25658 (improved) (Cloud) Added a page with the general description and usage example of Flussonic Cloud API
- #25666 (improved) (Flussonic) The article about pushing video from Flussonic was updated to explain more clearly when to use certain protocols and how to get the push URL in Flussonic UI.
- #25671 (improved) (Flussonic) Now you can get the JSON schema by the URL of the API description with
.json in the end, for example https://flussonic.com/doc/api/reference.json for Flussonic API Reference. This is also true for Streaming, Auth, Central, and Cloud APIs.
- #25693 (improved) (Watcher) Explanation of DB environment variable added to Watcher database management tool guide; all examples of using the Watcher DB tool were updated to include DB environment variable setup.
- #25767 (improved) (Flussonic) Updated instructions on configuring WHIP and WHAP to show that those functions are now enabled by default and do not require additional settings in player or publisher.