Flussonic Media Server 21.07
July 2, 2021
Flussonic Media Server 21.07 has been released.
Flussonic 21.07 is released with the new Erlang version. It boosts overall performance, e.g. CPU usage might be reduced by up to 25% depending on features you use. Additionally, CPU usage on reading DVB is reduced up to 2 times, reading of MPEG-TS packets is optimized to reduce the CPU usage by up to 30%. Check the full list of improvements and fixes below and get your servers upgraded as soon as possible.
- #10560 (improvement) (MSE-LD Player) Improved MSE-LD Player performance in reading data from socket.
- #13590 (new) (Flussonic) Flussonic pushes MPEG-TS with maximum bitrate value in PMT for every ES provided that
es_max_bitrate=default is in the URL query string.
- #15686 (new) (Flussonic) Reading of MPEG-TS packets is optimized.
- #17029 (new) (Flussonic) URL formats for SHOUTcast sources changed to
- #17070 (new) (Flussonic) Removing of live location from Flussonic config will cause all the streams of this live location to be disabled.
- #17311 (new) (Flussonic) Signalling of M4S publishing errors was added.
- #17341 (new) (API) Security update: information disclosure issue was fixed.
- #17382 (new) (Flussonic) Only latest versions of Flussonic (21.06 and 21.07) send events to Sentry.
- #17540 (improvement) (Flussonic) Better Apple M1 support.
- #17705 (new) (Flussonic UI) Catena authorization page was customized for the Flussonic UI.
- #17739 (improvement) (Flussonic) Flussonic is now shipped with the latest version of Erlang (24) to improve system’s performance.
- #17763 (new) (Flussonic) CPU usage on reading DVB is reduced up to 2 times.
- #12117 (fixed) (MSE-LD Player) Fixed fatal error in the MSE Player with disabled hardware acceleration in the browser.
- #13510 (fixed) (Flussonic) Fixed issue with excessive logging that caused trouble with Flussonic servers performance.
- #14716 (fixed) (Flussonic)
ad=true option support was fixed.
- #15406 (fixed) (Flussonic) URL validation is updated.
- #15457 (fixed) (Flussonic) Fixed issue with creating a Let’s Encrypt SSL certificate using CLI.
- #15828 (fixed) (Flussonic) Error 400 is returned if audio track is missing for DASH DVR playback and live.
- #16229 (fixed) (Flussonic) Issue with export from DVR was fixed.
- #16420 (fixed) (Flussonic) Fixed indication of online instances and channel count in client area for high-volume installations.
- #16563 (fixed) (Flussonic) Only positive integer allowed in the
- #16680 (fixed) (Flussonic) Fixed issue with teletext causing problems for playback.
- #16694 (fixed) (Flussonic) Fixed issue with handling USB license keys.
- #16710 (fixed) (DVR) Fixed issue with the DVR archive playback in Mozilla Firefox.
- #16808 (fixed) (MSE-LD Player) Fixed issue with the MSE-LD Player reload after stream being reconnected.
- #16858 (fixed) (Flussonic UI) Fixed offline mode issue with “Clients” tab of stream page.
- #16910 (fixed) (Flussonic) Fixed retroview client problems in maintenance mode.
- #16915 (fixed) (Flussonic) Fixed configuration parameter responsible for the MPEG-TS protocol
protocol mpegts. It will be automatically converted to
- #16920 (fixed) (Flussonic) Fixed high CPU usage with SRT source on.
- #16927 (fixed) (Flussonic) Reduce memory usage in retroview client.
- #16999 (fixed) (Flussonic UI) URL validations of push configuration for SDI capture cards was fixed.
- #17016 (fixed) (MSE-LD Player) Fixed fullscreen error in MSE PLayer.
- #17030 (fixed) (Flussonic) Fixed timeshift sessions on DUNE-175a. Video segments are no longer played on loop.
- #17039 (fixed) (Flussonic UI) URL validations of push configuration for
udp2 was fixed.
- #17160 (fixed) (Flussonic UI) Fixed issue with “Transcoded” and “With DVR” display filters not working in Flussonic UI.
- #17245 (fixed) (Flussonic) Offline activation key generation was fixed for Flussonic 21.05.01.
- #17306 (fixed) (Flussonic) Fixed issue with saving thumbnails generation option (
"thumbnails offset=SEC) in the configuration file.
- #17325 (fixed) (MSE-LD Player) Fixed issue with logo not being displayed if stream authentication is enabled.
- #17389 (fixed) (Flussonic UI) Fixed issue with displaying EPG when authentication is enabled.
- #17410 (fixed) (Flussonic UI) Fixed some issues during updating Flussonic from Admin UI. Flussonic sends extended notifications about updating errors if any of them occur.
- #17418 (fixed) (MSE-LD Player) Fixed issue with
embed.html in realtime mode.
- #17511 (fixed) (MSE-LD Player) If any playback error occurs, Player displays an error message with the error code.
- #17752 (fixed) (Flussonic) Fixed sessions reporting leading to transponder crash.
- #17789 (fixed) (API) Fixed SCTE35 event breaking the sessions API call.
- #17793 (fixed) (Flussonic) Fixed issue with receiving MPEG-TS over HTTP (
- #17878 (fixed) (API) Fixed issue with removing
thumbnails option from configuration file using API.
- #17917 (fixed) (Flussonic) Fixed WebRTC playback session crash on high bitrate.
- #12734 (doc) Described the way “Presets” work.
- #15383 (doc) The “Add user” article updated, more information about permission, more screenshots.
- #16647 (doc) Flussonic can inform clients of presence of closed captions in DASH manifest, see Signaling CEA-608/708 caption service metadata
- #16650 (doc)
buffer_length option added and described in IP cameras audio storage
- #16873 (doc) Enabling port for incoming SRT streams in Flussonic UI described.
- #16875 (doc)
closed_captions=PID option is replaced with
cc.exctract, see Extracting and converting closed captions
- #16877 (doc) Client can monitor Flussonic servers with Prometheus and Grafana as described in Monitoring Flussonic with Prometheus
- #16967 (doc) Flussonic can inform of closed captions in HLS manifest, see: Signaling CEA-608/708 caption service metadata
- #17106 (doc) Listed set of invalid characters when setting login and password.
- #17228 (doc) An example of how to ingest UDP multicast source using specific interface:
udp://email@example.com:5550 was added.
- #17529 (doc) The help article about two installation ways of Watcher was improved.
- #17815 (doc) Added a missed example of Load balancer configuration.