Setting up Flussonic RAID for DVR in Watcher
You can record archives from Watcher cameras in two ways:
- To a directory on the disk. Just specify the path to this directory in the streamer settings.
- To the software RAID that allows you to distribute archive fragments across several disks thereby ensuring uniform degradation of records in case of disk failure. Thus, you can avoid losing all the archive of any particular camera.
Please refer to Flussonic RAID for DVR page to find out all the advantages, parameters, disc management options (in case of abnormal situations) and examples of Flussonic RAID configuration. You will be able to configure RAID for each individual streamer in the Watcher cluster by following the instructions on that page. However, some of the settings are available in the Watcher web UI, so you can skip stream settings: just make the global RAID configuration.
If you decide to configure RAID through the Flussonic web UI, remember that it can be found at
http://WATCHER-IP/admin. You have specified the username and password to access this page at Watcher installation.
Having configured the global RAID settings in the configuration file or in the Flussonic Media Server web UI, go back to the Watcher web UI.
Open the streamer settings from the Health page.
In the DVR path field, enter @ followed by your RAID name, for example
If everything is configured fine, you will see the dvr config link next to DVR path.
Click dvr config to see RAID settings in Watcher.
- Name — your RAID name.
- Check mountpoint — enables the verification of the root directory to be the mount point of the disks. If enabled and the disks are not mounted, recording will not be performed to avoid errors. If not enabled, the check is not performed, and the archive may be recorded to the root directory.
- Root — root directory where disks are mounted.
- Active disks — the number of active disks being written to. We recommend to set a smaller number to save power consumption. When left empty, the archive is recorded to all disks where there is enough free space.
- Use — check the box to use the disk or uncheck to make it unavailable.
- Mode — the mode of recording. Please refer to "Options for managing the recording process" at Flussonic RAID for DVR for details. The modes description is also available as a tooltip when you hover the cursor over the question icon next to the field name.
- Usage — percentage of used disk space.
Click Save after changing the settings.