User generated content (UGC)
User generated content (UGC) is any content created by users and posted on the Internet, such as videos, photos, text, etc. Flussonic provides a number of tools that allow you to implement a UGC platform or service for hosting video content. The users of such a platform or service will be able to broadcast events like webinars or workshops, both live and recorded, video chat through a browser without installing any applications, etc.
Flussonic ecosystem allows you to address any requirement related to user generated video content:
- Accept publications from content creators with maximum quality and stability using the common protocols in the field including WebRTC, SRT, and RTMP.
- Push the content over the same protocols or play via DASH, HLS/LL-HLS, or else depending on the requirements to latency, confidentiality, etc. (see Video playback).
- Perform authorization of both creators and viewers.
- Transcode video to a multibitrate stream for adaptive streaming.
- Record video to the archive (DVR) to watch it later. Flussonic can store your archive locally or in a cloud.
- Provide Video On-Demand (VOD) service for viewers to access the videos uploaded by creators any time. VOD files can also be stored in a cloud.
- Publish the content to the social media.
- At any stage of the video pipeline, provide load balancing using Flussonic Central.
- Read more about how to design and implement a UGC platform or service in the advanced Flussonic UGC Implementation Guideline.