Watcher offers mobile applications for real time access to a video surveillance system.
Watcher mobile apps provide:
- Provisioning of cameras with Agent to Watcher
- Watching live video from IP cameras with the ultra low latency
- Viewing the archive with no limits on its depth
- The access control based on a fingerprint or a PIN code
- TLS encryption of video streams
- Push-notifications about events
- Downloading video screenshots
- Viewing cameras on the map
- Using mosaics
- PTZ control
Getting your Operator ID
Mobile applications need to know the address of your Watcher system to get video from it. This is why you should get Operator ID before using Watcher mobile apps. Operator ID is a number that encodes the URL of your Watcher system.
To get the Operator ID:
- Log in to Watcher as an administrator
- In the main menu (on the left of the page), go to the Settings section
- Go to the MOBILE APP AND AGENTS tab
- Click the GET OPERATOR ID AND UPDATE STATUS button
- As a result, your
Operator IDwill appear in the Operator ID field.
Please note that all CURRENT STATUS indicators should be green, otherwise you won't be able to connect your mobile app to the Watcher. If one or more indicators are red, try to click GET OPERATOR ID AND UPDATE STATUS again. If this does not help, please contact Flussonic's technical support.
Make sure that your server is visible from the Internet and that it has a real domain name. If your server is using NAT or a Firewall, contact our support team and we will help you with all necessary configuring under the terms of extended support.
Downloading Watcher mobile app
You can also download the app for Android using this link and install it on your Android device manually. Please note that this .apk file does not update automatically, so please contact our support team to get a newer version, if available.
When the app is installed on your device, you can authenticate using your Watcher login, password and the Operator ID that you received as described above.