Get started with Flussonic Cloud
This guide will introduce you to Flussonic Cloud and help you make the first steps to creating your streaming service. In this guide you will learn how to:
- Sign in
- Create a stream
- Publish content to Flussonic Cloud
- Transcode a stream in Flussonic Cloud
- Record a stream to DVR archive
- Play published content
- Configure authorization backend for play sessions
- Add a web player to your website/app
To start using Flussonic Cloud:
1) Request access to Flussonic Cloud by filling out the form.
2) Sign in to your account on https://my.flussonic.com/ with your login and password.
3) As you log in, go to the Cloud section in the top navigation menu bar and click the Enter Cloud button to open the UI.
Congratulations, you have successfully logged in to your Flussonic Cloud account!
Create a stream
To create a stream:
1) Click the Add stream button on the Media tab and specify the title for your stream.
2) Click Create to create the stream.
Stream name in the Cloud is created automatically — this is the main difference between Flussonic Media Server and Flussonic Cloud. This is done to guarantee the uniquiness of a stream name within the Cloud and to correctly resolve playback and publish URLs. In the list of streams, stream name is displayed below the stream title.
Publish content to Flussonic Cloud
Flussonic Cloud receives RTMP(S) and SRT streams.
To publish media content to Flussonic Cloud:
1) Go to the stream setting by clicking on the stream title:
2) To start publishing the content, use the URLs specified in the Publish links section:
Transcode a stream in Flussonic Cloud
With Flussonic Cloud you don't have to worry about the hardware and the amount of processing power required to transcode streams. The processing power of Flussonic Cloud is enough to process about 15 Full HD streams.
To transcode a stream in Flussonic Cloud:
1) Go to the Transcoder tab in the stream settings and click Enable transcoder. Use the arrows on the right side of the page to expand or collapse groups of settings.
For more information about the parameters for transcoder settings, see Setting up transcoding options in the web interface.
2) Specify the parameter values for the transcoder.
3) Click Save to apply the changes.
Record a stream to DVR archive
Flussonic Cloud provides you with DVR recording storage of one week for every stream. You can not only record streams but also play them in a DVR player.
To enable DVR recording:
1) Go to the DVR tab in the stream settings.
2) Click on the down arrow in the Global DVR config to open the dropdown menu.
3) Select the one-day option and click Save to apply the changes.
Play published content
To play the published content:
1) Go to the Output tab in the stream settings.
2) Copy the necessary URL by clicking the "Copy" button on the right next to the corresponding URL. Paste it in your player to play the stream.
Configure authorization backend for play sessions
With the authorization backend, you can configure the authorization for play sessions, allowing or denying access to the content for the viewers. Flussonic Cloud connects to an external authorization backend to check if the viewer is allowed to access a stream or a VOD file.
To configure authorization backend in Flussonic Cloud:
1) Go to the Auth tab of the stream settings.
2) Specify the path to your auth backend in the Specify custom auth backend field:
3) Click Save to apply the changes.
Add a web player to your website/app
You can use our HTML code to embed a web player in your application (website, app).
To add a web player to your website/app:
1) Go to the Overview tab in the stream settings.
2) Scroll down to the bottom of the page and find the HTML code in the HTML code field. Copy it by clicking the "Copy" button on the right next to the corresponding URL. Then paste to your application's code.