After installing Watcher, you will see only one user on the Users page — the Watcher Administrator.
Standard Watcher users exist within Organizations. These are users on the side of your service subscriber. One user can be added to several different Organizations.
The administrator of Watcher can also create users who do not belong to any Organization. These are usually users on the service provider side. For example, these are users who have access only to statistics.
On this page:
- Adding users to an Organization
- Adding users to Watcher
- Granting a user rights to manage Organizations
- Granting a user access to cameras
- Deleting users from Organization
- Deleting users from Watcher
Adding users to an Organization
After you have added an Organization to Watcher, you will probably need to add users who will have access to cameras of this Organization.
To add a user to an Organization:
Go to Organizations.
In the list of Organizations, find the Organization where you are going to add a user and click the counter in the Users column.
The page that opens shows the list of all users of this Organization. Click Add a user to create a new user within this Organization.
When filling in the form, pay attention to these fields:
- Maximum number of session. Limiting user sessions.
- Internal IP. An IP address that Watcher will use for autologin.
- Enabled. Select this to activate the user account.
Adding users to Watcher
To create a user who does not belong to any Organization:
Go to Users > Add a user.
When filling in the form, give the user the permission Can view statistics of Organizations.
Watcher creates a user without access to cameras but with access to all statistics of Organizations.
Granting a user rights to manage Organizations
One Organization can have a number of users that have access to its cameras. You can give each user different permissions to manage the Organization.
To change a user's rights to manage an Organization:
- Go to Organizations and click in the column Users next to the Organization where you want to grant users rights to manage the Organization.
- In the list of users that opens, click next to each user the permissions that you are giving them:
- Can edit cameras - the user can add and edit cameras
- Can edit users - the user can add and edit other users
- Can view statistics - the user can view watcher resources consumed by the Organization.
Another way to edit the user permissions to manage the Organization — is in the user settings on the Permissions in the Organization tab.
Granting a user access to cameras
Users can have various permissions to access video received from cameras.
To grant a user access to cameras:
- Go to Organizations and click in the column Users next to the Organization where you want to modify user permissions.
- In the list of users that opens, click the user whose permissions you want to modify.
In the user settings, go to the tab Access to cameras.
If the Access to cameras tab in inactive, the user was not allowed to manage cameras.
To allow the user to manage cameras, go to the list of Organization's users and click the button Manage cams next to this user. 4. Select folders containing cameras to which you grant this user access to.
Categories of access to cameras
- Access to cameras — the user can view video received from IP cameras of the Organization.
- Access to archive — the user can view recorded video in DVR archives.
- Access to PTZ — the user can control cameras via PTZ.
Note 1. Granting a user access to a folder means that all its subfolders will also be available to this user.
Note 2. You can give access only to an entire folder, not to individual cameras in the folder. To give access to only one camera, add this camera to a separate folder and give the user access to that folder.
After adding access to cameras, they will be available to the user in the .
Deleting users from Organizations
To delete a user from an Organization:
- Go to Organizations
- Click in the column Users next to the Organization from where you want to delete a user
- Click the Delete icon next to the user.