Cameras in Watcher are created and exist only within a specific Organization. One camera can belong to one Organization only.
To manage cameras, go to Cameras in the main menu.
You can add IP cameras to Watcher in the following ways:
Manually — you manually fill in all the data necessary for connecting the camera.
Via the mobile app — a camera must have the Agent software installed.
Uploading CSV — you create a list of cameras and add them to Watcher at once by using the API.
Searching by ONVIF — the standard ONVIF protocol is used to search for cameras and add them to Watcher. When using this method, the cameras must be in the same local network with the Watcher server.
If you use Agent, the cameras are added automatically or manually.
On this page:
- Adding a camera to Watcher manually
- Adding a camera with Agent to Watcher via the mobile app
- Camera settings
- Adding a camera to a folder
- Adding a camera to Favorites
- Deleting a camera
See also Managing Cameras via ONVIF
After Watcher is installed, you will see no cameras in the Watcher UI, even if they are present on Flussonic Media Server. To add a camera to the system, click Add a camera:
In the dialog that opens, choose New camera and enter camera settings:
Cameras with the Agent can be activated using the Watcher mobile application. Such cameras are connected to the local network and await commands from the Watcher application to connect to an Organization on the server. To activate such a camera, make sure that:
- The mobile phone is connected to the same local network as the camera to be added.
- The Flussonic Watcher mobile app is installed on the phone
- The user logs in to a mobile application using the credentials that grant the rights to edit the list of cameras in at least one Organization.
To add a camera with Agent by using the mobile application:
Log in to the Flussonic Watcher mobile application using the credentials you received from the system administrator.
Open the menu and select Add Camera.
Select Network Search. A list of cameras that have Agents installed and that are available for activation will be displayed on the phone screen.
Select the camera with Agent that you want to activate.
Fill in the camera information:
- Name - the name under which the camera will be displayed in Watcher.
- Organization - the Organization in which you add the camera.
- Preset - a group of recording settings to be set on the camera being added.
- Note - additional information about the camera.
Click Activate, and the camera will appear in the list of cameras.
Note. It may take some time for a newly connected camera to start sending frames. In practice, this time does not exceed one minute.
Camera properties > General settings
- Title. The camera name, which you see in the list of cameras. Use only Latin characters and numbers, as the name will be used in URLs.
- Stream URL. The camera URL. For example:
rtsp://mycam.local/stream0. If you know the camera URL, you can import the camera from the Flussonic server or use auto-search to add the camera.
- Substream URL. Additional address. For example:
Camera properties > Administration
Streamer. A Flussonic Media Server that is used as a streamer for this camera.
Organization. The Organization to which the camera will be added. A camera can belong to only one Organization. If you do not select Organization, the default Organization is used.
Folder. A hierarchical node of the camera tree within the Organization. Tha camera will be added to this node called folder. If you do not select a folder, the root folder in the selected Organization is used.
Preset. Select a preset with DVR settings that will be applied to this camera. To create a preset, go to Camera presets in the main menu on the left.
DVR depth. The archive depth. In other words, it’s the number of days after recording during which the video archive is available (then it is purged). To enable this option, configure the repository in the System settings or Streamer settings.
DVR days limit for records with detected motion. The number of days during which it is necessary to keep records of motion events. This limit is set in addition to the archive depth.
DVR space. The maximum storage space for camera's archive, in Gigabytes.
License plate recognition. Turning on or off license plate detection and Russian car number recognition.
Camera properties > Additional settings
Enabled. Turning the camera on and off. It means whether video from this camera will be transmitted or not to Watcher.
PTZ. Turn this check box on for cameras with PTZ feature to enable camera PTZ controls in the UI. The camera must be connected to Watcher via the ONVIF protocol.
Collect events. Enables collecting motion events from a camera via ONVIF. The camera must be connected to Watcher via the ONVIF protocol.
On-demand. Turn this check box on to make the camera transmit video only on request, turn off to make the camera work constantly.
Thumbnails. Turns on obtaining JPEG screenshots from the camera.
Thumbnails URL. The address where Flussonic can obtain screenshots from the camera. Look it up in your camera's manual.
Note. The text that describes camera positioning or gives any other information.
Camera properties > Location
- Coordinates. The coordinates of the camera location. Define the camera placement on the map. You can change its placement. We recommend that you place all cameras to their actual locations on the map to help users find them.
- Address. The postal address of the camera.
Saving camera settings
After you have edited the camera settings, click Save. The camera will appear on the management page in the list of cameras:
By default, all cameras in an Organization are added to the root folder.
To create a folder and add cameras to it:
- Go to Organization in the Watcher UI
- Open needed the organization and select section Cameras
- Click the icon Add a folder next to the organization name
- Drag a camera from the list of cameras to the folder
Another way to add a camera to a folder is by editing the Folder field on the camera settings page. To do so, go to camera settings (Cameras > click the camera in the camera list) and choose Folder where you want to move the camera.
To add a camera to the page Favorites:
- Go to Cameras
In the list of cameras (which, by default, appears in Tiles mode), find the camera and click the bookmark icon on it:
Alternatively, in List mode, click the More button next to the camera and choose Add to Favorites.
To delete a camera:
- Go to Cameras
- In the list of cameras, find the camera and click the Delete icon.
Another way to delete a camera is by clicking Delete on the camera settings page.