Cameras in Watcher are created and exist only within a specific Organization. One camera can belong to one Organization only.
To manage cameras, go to Cameras in the main menu.
You can add IP cameras to Watcher in three ways:
Manually - you manually fill in all the data necessary for connecting the camera.
Uploading CSV - you create a list of cameras and add them to Watcher at once.
Searching by ONVIF - the standard ONVIF protocol is used to search for cameras and add them to Watcher. When using this method, the cameras must be in the same local network with the Watcher server.
If you use Agent, the cameras are added automatically or manually.
On this page:
After Watcher is installed, you will see no cameras in the Watcher UI, even if they are present on Flussonic Media Server. To add a camera to the system, click Add a camera:
In the dialog that opens, choose New camera and enter camera settings:
- Title. The camera name, which you see in the list of cameras. Use only Latin characters and numbers, as the name will be used in URLs.
- Stream URL. The camera URL. For example:
rtsp://mycam.local/stream0. If you know the camera URL, you can import the camera from the Flussonic server or use auto-search to add the camera.
- Substream URL. Additional address. For example:
- Organization. The Organization to which the camera will be added. A camera can belong to only one Organization. If you do not select Organization, the default Organization is used.
- Folder. A hierarchical node of the camera tree within the Organization where the camera will be added. If you do not select a folder, the root folder in the selected Organization is used.
- Streamer. A Flussonic Media Server that is used as a streamer for this camera.
- Owner. The camera owner. Owners are configured in the [Users and Groups] menu (manage-users). The owner can access a camera always, regardless of access rights.
Access. The camera availability: to all users, only to registered users or to specific users:
- Public (public) — the camera is available to all users of Flussonic Watcher, regardless of the settings of groups and users. When setting the value of public source appears in the list of cameras for all users of your server. Also, without restrictions on access, the camera can be published on a web page with permanent access without authorization.
- For customers (authorized) — the camera is available to all users, but you need to authorize them on your Flussonic Watcher.
- Private — the camera is available to a user only after the user was given access to it in the Users and Groups section.
DVR Depth. The archive depth. In other words, it’s the number of days after recording during which the video archive is available (then it is purged). To enable this option, configure the repository in the System settings or Streamer settings.
DVR Space. The maximum storage space for camera's archive, in Gigabytes.
Enabled. Turning the camera on and off. It means whether video from this camera will be transmitted or not to Watcher.
On-demand. Turn on to make the camera transmit video only on request, turn off to make the camera work constantly.
License plate recognition. Turning on or off license plate detection and Russian car number recognition.
Comment. The text that describes camera positioning or gives any other information.
- Coordinates. The coordinates of the camera location. Define the camera placement on the map. You can change its placement. We recommend that you place all cameras to their actual locations on the map to help users find them.
- Address. The postal address of the camera.
Saving camera settings
After you have edited the camera settings, click Save. The camera will appear on the management page in the list of cameras and on the Dashboard:
By default, all cameras in an Organization are added to the root folder.
To create a folder and add cameras to it:
- Go to Organization in the Watcher UI
- Click Add a folder next to the selected Organization or a subfolder within the Organization
- Drag a camera from the list of cameras to the folder.
Another way to add a camera to a folder is by editing the Folder field on the camera settings page. To do so, go to camera settings (Cameras > click the camera in the camera list) and choose Folder where you want to move the camera.
To delete a camera:
- Go to Cameras
- In the list of cameras that opens, find the camera and click the Delete icon.
Another way to delete a camera is by clicking Delete on the camera settings page.