Adding Cameras to Watcher by Using Agent
This section describes how to add cameras to the Watcher, if Agent is used (it is installed on cameras or on a device in the same local network with cameras).
If Agent is installed on a camera, it adds itself and the camera to Watcher. If Agent is installed on a device in a local network with cameras, then you will need to add the cameras manually.
On this page:
Adding a camera with Agent to Watcher
If Agent is installed on a camera, the camera will be added to Watcher automatically.
Adding cameras located in a network with Agent to Watcher
You have installed Agent on a Raspberry Pi device or a router. Now you can connect cameras to a external Watcher server in the Internet with the help of this Agent.
To add cameras to Watcher by using Agent in the same local network with cameras:
Look at and remember its identifier
agentID. The identifier can be found in either of the ways:
- in Watcher in the Agents section, where a newly added Agent appears.
(For each camera) Go to the Watcher UI and add a camera (Cameras > Add a camera > New camera)
In Stream URL enter:
- STREAM - the link to the RTSP stream of a camera, can be found in the camera's documentation.
- CAM-LOCAL-IP - the camera's IP address in the same local network as where the device with installed Agent is located.
- USER:PASS - the login and password for the camera.
- AGENTID - Agent identifier.