Flussonic Coder is a hardware-software solution for video and audio transcoding that has the following advantages over other types of transcoders in Flussonic Media Server:
- allows large companies to cover customer needs comprehensively and predictably
- allows you to unify the technical support process
- helps integrators to protect projects
- keeps available a critical component: access to a subscriber device
Flussonic Coder is a building block of the Flussonic Cluster required for processing, transmitting, and further video recording. It supports a video stream with plenty of formats, codecs, and protocols in any point of the Flussonic Cluster.
The ingested video streams exist in the Flussonic Cluster as a sequence of elementary frames. Upon entering, the video is being de-multiplexed into atoms and on egress, the video is being multiplexed and packaged back for delivering in every modern video streaming protocol.
In this article:
Configuring Flussonic Coder
Flussonic Coder represents a server with our custom Linux OS, several NVIDIA Jetson modules and installed transcoding software. It is delivered already with a firmware and does not require installing any additional drivers.
Flussonic Coder has Flussonic Media Server installed, so you can configure its settings via Flussonic Media Server web interface. To view Flussonic Coder settings, go to the Chassis page in the side menu. Here you can see four sections described below.
In the System information section, you can:
- view Flussonic Coder version
- view the firmware version and check for new version
- upgrade firmware to a specific version or to the latest version
- restart Flussonic Coder by clicking Restart Chassis
In this section you can change the default gateway interface. To do this, select the necessary interface from the drop-down list in the Default gateway interface field and click Save to apply the changes.
Change the default gateway interface with caution and reach out to experienced network engineers to not lose control of your Flussonic Coder.
This section contains information about DNS and the list of all network interfaces used by Flussonic Coder. Here you can:
- specify IP address of DNS server
- select a type of an interface (static or DHCP)
- specify an interface IP address, network mask, or gateway
Hardware Modules Monitor
This section displays information about Nvidia Jetson modules used in Flussonic Coder. Here you can:
- monitor status of each module as well as its usage and temperature
- reboot a module if necessary.
Configuring a stream to use Flussonic Coder
To configure a stream to use Flussonic Coder for transcoding, use the
hw=coder option in the
transcoder directive in the stream's configuration. Learn more about transcoder settings on the Transcoder page.
Starting from Flussonic version 22.05, Flussonic Coder supports the CUDA yadif method for deinterlacing video and, therefore, allows to process dynamic scenes better. To use in, add
transcoder deviceid=0 hw=coder vb=10000k size=1920x1080 deinterlace=yadif ab=192k