Get started with Flussonic Cloud
This guide will introduce you to Flussonic Cloud and help you make the first steps to creating your streaming service. In this guide you will learn how to:
- Sign in
- Create a stream
- Publish content to Flussonic Cloud
- Transcode a stream in Flussonic Cloud
- Record a stream to DVR archive
- Play published content
- Add a web player to your website/app
To start using Flussonic Cloud:
1) Request access to Flussonic Cloud by filling out the form.
2) Sign in to your account on https://my.flussonic.com/ with your login and password.
3) As you log in, go to the Cloud section in the top navigation menu bar and click the Enter Cloud button to open the UI.
Congratulations, you have successfully logged in to your Flussonic Cloud account!
Create a stream
To create a stream:
1) Click Add button and specify the title for your stream.
2) Click Create to create the stream.
Stream name is created automatically.
Publish content to Flussonic Cloud
To publish media content to Flussonic Cloud:
1) Go to the stream setting by clicking on the stream name:
2) Got to the Input tab, specify the
publish:// input for the stream in the field and click Save to apply the changes:
3) To start publishing the content over RTMP, use the URL specified in the RTMP field:
Transcode a stream in Flussonic Cloud
With Flussonic Cloud you don't have to worry about the hardware and the amount of processing power required to transcode streams. The processing power of Flussonic Cloud is enough to process about 15 Full HD streams.
To transcode a stream in Flussonic Cloud:
1) Go to the Transcoder tab in the stream settings and click Enable transcoder. Use the arrows on the right side of the page to expand or collapse groups of settings.
For more information about the parameters for transcoder settings, see Setting up transcoding options in the web interface.
2) Specify the values for the transcoder.
3) Click Save to apply the changes.
Record a stream to DVR archive
Flussonic Cloud provides you with DVR recording storage of one week for every stream. You can not only record streams but also play them in a DVR player.
To enable DVR recording:
1) Go to the DVR tab in the stream settings.
2) Click on the down arrow in the Global DVR config to open the dropdown menu.
3) Choose the one-week option and click Save to apply the changes.
Play published content
To play the published content:
1) Go to the Output tab of the stream settings.
2) Find a protocol that is supported by your player to play the stream and copy its URL. You can play the stream over various protocols available.
Add a web player to your website/app
You can use our HTML code to embed a web player in your application (website, app).
To add a web player to your website/app:
1) Go to the Overview tab in the stream settings.
2) Find the HTML code in the HTML code field, copy it and paste to your application's code.