Flussonic Media Server 22.12
Flussonic Media Server 22.12 has been released.
The headline of this release is support for AV-1 hardware encoding. Save traffic with AV-1: Flussonic supports AV-1 both on the input and on the output.
You will need NVIDIA Ada Lovelace or later generation cards to use this feature.
Intel QSV changes are aimed at enhancing the visible outcomes: improved crop and deinterlace filters make the video look smoother after the transcoding.
config_external option is now available not only as an environment variable but also as an option in the
flussonic.conf configuration file. Be sure to check out the documentation to learn how to set up Flussonic to work with an external configuration system if you have a large cluster of servers to manage, or simply have a large number of dynamic streams.
SCTE-35 markers are now available for DASH manifests so you can insert ads to the player just like with HLS.
The capture of SCTE-35 from MPEG-TS sources is now enabled by default, no manual settings required. Ad markers are automatically accepted from any MPEG-TS source: UDP ingest, SRT publishing, HTTP MPEG-TS recapture.
Introducing a new option allowing the UDP MPEG-TS broadcasting in standby mode: the backup Flussonic will not send data to the network while there is traffic in the multicast group.
As soon as the main server fails to broadcast for some reason, the backup server starts broadcasting; when the main server returns, the backup stops.
Our WebRTC Player can now publish video from the
canvas element giving you the ability to apply your own filters, logos, and other dynamic data to the webcam image. For example, you can go beyond standard OS filters and apply your own masks.
We have also improved the mechanisms necessary for the WebRTC ABR quality: changed the way of choosing the track to start playing from, improved the NACK processing mechanism and enabled it by default for all clients.
In 22.12 release, we devoted a lot of time to the professional equipment including improvements for our support of Decklink, DekTec, and Magewell. We have integrated with new SDK vendors and added Dolby Digital Audio capture.
Alongside with capturing audio and video from SDI sources, Flussonic also supports VBI/VANC, extracting both subtitles and teletext from any SD-SDI or HD-SDI source.
The same data can also be sent to SDI to form an SDI bridge between studios.
Check the full list of improvements and fixes below and get your servers upgraded as soon as possible.
- #12007 (new) (Flussonic) Supported SCTE-35 ad insertion markers for DASH. This feature works without additional settings.
- #23122 (new) (Flussonic API) Implemented
GET /vods/opened_files endpoint returning the list of VOD files that are currently played by clients.
- #23960 (new) (Flussonic) The configuration process for SCTE-35 ad insertion markers updated to automatically pass them through. The
scte35=true option is no longer required.
- #25095 (new) (WebRTC Publisher) Added ability to use the
canvas element in our WebRTC Publisher to apply custom filters to the video.
- #25111 (new) (Flussonic) Implemented failover mode for MPTS pusher. Add
standby=true option in the pusher’s config on your backup server to use it.
- #25127 (new) (flussonic) Supported Dolby Digital audio ingest from DekTec SDI.
- #25317 (new) (Flussonic) The
senc boxes are now the same for the same segments of an encrypted DASH track.
- #25507 (new) (Flussonic API) Added ability to pass custom query string parameters in chunk list URLs. You can use this feature to implement your own cashing server with custom token check between Flussonic and an IPTV portal.
- #25999 (new) (Flussonic) Supported push of video, audio, teletext and ad injection markers to DekTec SDI cards.
- #26259 (new) (Live Player) The
filter.tracks option supported for live
embed.html URL allowing you to change the order of the tracks played.
- #26374 (new) (UI) The billing page with invoices and payments added to your new personal account dashboard (my2.flussonic.com) that we are currently developing.
- #26516 (new) (Flussonic) Supported passing through of VBI teletext from DekTec SD-SDI streams.
- #26690 (new) (UI) Added “Cloud - Audit logs” page to your new personal account dashboard (my2.flussonic.com) that we are currently developing.
- #26955 (new) (Flussonic) Added ability to specify the
config_external option in Flussonic configuration file.
- #27020 (new) (Flussonic) Enabled the set of default parameters for retransmit of NACK (negatively acknowledged packets) in “WebRTC adaptive bitrate” algorithm.
- #14550 (fixed) (Flussonic) Fixed issue with quality of deinterlacing on Intel Quick Sync Video.
- #20518 (fixed) (UI) The list of currently played files is now displayed on the VODs tab.
- #24004 (fixed) (Flussonic) Fixed issue with 10-bit video shown as green screen after transcoding on NVENC.
- #24086 (fixed) (Player) Fixed issue with
proto parameter not working in
- #24196 (fixed) (WebRTC Player) Fixed issue with WebRTC publishing starting not with the selected resolution.
- #24282 (fixed) (Flussonic) Fixed RTT limit for NACK retransmitting mechanism in WebRTC.
- #25078 (fixed) (Flussonic) Fixed issue with converting DVB Teletext to WebVTT at M4S restreaming.
- #25225 (improved) (WebRTC Player) Fixed issue with the
preview property used in our example of the WebRTC player use not working properly.
- #25372 (improved) (Flussonic API) The obsolete
media_info.params parameters were completely removed from the API.
- #25699 (fixed) fixed sending UDP from playlist sourced stream
- #25780 (fixed) (Flussonic) Fixed issue with push not working if bitrate is undefined or incorrect in
- #25970 (fixed) (WebRTC Player) Fixed issue with WebRTC Player crashes if empty string passed to sentryConfig.
- #26023 (fixed) (Flussonic) Fixed passing query string via RTMP push.
- #26134 (fixed) (WebRTC Player) Fixed endless waiting of unavailable stream and bug with fast switching between streams that were due to not cleaning up setTimeout.
- #26222 (fixed) (Flussonic) Fixed inability to get near-realtime previews/screenshots when the time shift occurred in the source.
- #26239 (fixed) (UI) Fixed bug with Flussonic Admin UI unnecessarily updating once on login or logout.
- #26296 (fixed) (Flussonic) Fixed issue with SHOUTcast inputs not transcoding to AAC with “badrecord,media_info” reason.
- #26299 (fixed) Added a possibility to listen several RTMP ports.
- #26339 (fixed) (Coder) Fixed issue with error messages instead of firmware version displayed in logs.
- #26347 (fixed) (Flussonic) Fixed issue with live HLS stream segments played with shift to the past after the publication restart.
- #26355 (fixed) (UI) Fixed issue with shifted push statuses in new Flussonic UI.
- #26361 (fixed) (Flussonic) Fixed issue with Decklink input not working with
pixel=10 parameter specified in Flussonic configuration.
- #26383 (fixed) (Flussonic) Fixed issue with
vb option stopped affecting the video bitrate some time after stream start.
- #26384 (fixed) (Flussonic) Fixed issue with
[undefined] stream name in pusher logs to facilitate troubleshooting.
- #26483 (fixed) (UI) Fixed position of pop-up box with output status to be near the stream line instead of bottom right of the browser window.
- #26510 (improved) (Retroview) Authorization by JWT token supported for Retroview API requests.
- #26529 (improved) (Flussonic API) JWT token supported for Billing API requests.
- #26554 (fixed) (Flussonic) Fixed issue with SDI capture from Magewell card not working due to YUYV pixel format missing in API schema.
- #26570 (fixed) (Flussonic) Fixed segfault errors on DekTec DTA-2179 card.
- #26584 (fixed) (Flussonic) Fixed issue with MIB files missing in
/opt/flussonic/lib/snmp2/mibs. The files are now in
- #26604 (fixed) Fixed issue with “cc_check” stream option.
- #26618 (fixed) (Flussonic) Fixed issue with the
prefer_codec parameter for WebRTC publishing not applied even if specified in config.
- #26627 (fixed) (DVR Player) Increased accuracy of
duration option in HLS DVR request.
- #26663 (improved) (UI) Added the license purchase page to your new personal account dashboard (my2.flussonic.com) that we are currently developing.
- #26693 (improved) (Flussonic) Deleted support for overriding stream config via auth backend responses. Use
- #26714 (fixed) (Flussonic API) Added
start_track parameter in WebRTC playback API for setting the number of video track from which playback starts.
- #26724 (fixed) (Flussonic) Fixed issue with the activation file incorrectly saved on disk from the UI making it impossible to activate the USB license.
- #26726 (improved) (Flussonic API) The
$delete: true logics implemented for listeners in
PUT /config endpoint.
- #26736 (fixed) fixed RTSP ingest with cameras sending high interleave channel numbers
- #26743 (fixed) fixed reading RTSP from cameras like Sanyo with artificial octet-stream track
- #26749 (fixed) (Flussonic) Fixed publishing to Facebook by an API-received RTMP URL with query string.
- #26757 (fixed) fixed handling RTSP with query string in SDP control
- #26765 (improved) (UI) Added all previously supported filters to the “Retroview - Streams” page in your new personal account dashboard (my2.flussonic.com) that we are currently developing.
- #26769 (improved) Fixed the playback of the stream with the mp2 codec in browsers.
- #26775 (fixed) (DVR Player) Fixed issue with volume control not working in the DVR Player UI.
- #26785 (improved) (UI) Fixed issue with incorrect tab switching in Flussonic Cloud UI.
- #26796 (fixed) (Flussonic) Fixed handshake authorization at RTMP push.
- #26800 (fixed) (DVR Player) Fixed issue with
from parameter not working in
- #26803 (improved) (UI) Added “Cloud - Usages” page to your new personal account dashboard (my2.flussonic.com) that we are currently developing.
- #26892 (fixed) fixed changing process name of main erlang process
- #26910 (improved) (UI) The main menu in Flussonic UI now opens without a click when you hover over it.
- #26932 (fixed) (Flussonic) Fixed issue with
EXT-X-DISCONTINUITY tag prevented players from playing a HLS Event playlists via the restreamer. This tag is no longer added to the playlist.
- #26982 (improved) completely deleted mysql api. Do not forget to remove mysql option from config file.
- #26987 (improved) (Flussonic) Configuration parsing is now fully based on OpenAPI.
- #26998 (improved) completely removed support for obsolete “include” directive in config file. Use automatically included files in .d catalog.
- #27005 (improved) (UI) Removed obsolete
mysql field from configuration and the UI.
- #27047 (fixed) (WebRTC Player) Fixed issue with player crash when closed at “stalled” state caused by incorrect final statistics collection.
- #27052 (improved) (UI) Access to Flussonic Cloud on
my2.flussonic.com is now only allowed when enabled in the administration panel. The user should accept the public offer once when accessing the Cloud.
- #27068 (improved) (Flussonic) Excluded the use of deprecated
stats.input_media_info in Flussonic UI. The
input.stats.media_info is now applied to display input status in the UI.
- #27081 (fixed) fixed handling input decklink:// pixel=10
- #27120 (fixed) (Flussonic API) Supported
start_track parameter WebRTC playback API for streams published with dynamic names (via template).
- #27127 (improved) do not handle second as segment_duration input anymore in API. Use only milliseconds (greater or equal than 1000)
- #27141 (improved) deleted obsolete api/sessions. Use documented api/v3/sessions instead
- #24520 (new) (Flussonic) Added a brief paragraph about defining hardware requirements for transcoder.
- #24970 (new) (Flussonic) Added a new chapter about the workflow of a UGC service to the UGC implementation guideline.
- #25659 (new) (Flussonic API) Added descriptions of more than 400 fields in the API Reference. All non-private parameters are now described.
- #26005 (new) (Flussonic) Added a new chapter about the scalability and failover to the UGC implementation guideline.
- #26647 (new) (Flussonic) The “Support” section of the documentation regrouped to include answers to frequently asked questions and Administrator’s guide.
- #26874 (new) (Flussonic) Deleted mentions of obsolete
on_publish options in the context of overriding the config. Please use
config_external instead. The
on_publish options remain for authorization purposes only.
- #26875 (new) (Flussonic) Described the use of config_external option for managing Flussonic configuration from your own self-developed configuration backend.
- #26015 (improved) (Flussonic) Explained the new way to receive the full schema in JSON format from any API reference page by adding
.json in the end of the URL.
- #26335 (improved) (Flussonic) The article about DekTec updated to show that SCTE-104 ad inject markers are now supported for this card.
- #26342 (improved) (Flussonic) Updated cluster ingest page to reflect that, in new Flussonic UI, the current server(s) where the stream is currently running is now displayed on the “Streams” page.
- #26582 (improved) (Flussonic) Updated articles about ingesting DVB and ingesting MPTS to explain that
plp config option (
Plp stream id in the UI) is required for streams of DVB-T2 MI standard.
- #26593 (improved) (Flussonic) The article about Teletext updated to show that OP-47 teletext is supported for DekTec SDI cards.
- #26626 (improved) (Flussonic) All documentation pages were rearranged to bring the table of contents in line with the product-based approach.
- #26675 (improved) (Flussonic) Deleted obsolete mentions of Google AMP.
- #26709 (improved) (Flussonic) The article about Teletext updated to show that VBI teletext is supported for DekTec SDI cards.
- #26799 (improved) (Flussonic) Described the new feature: Pushing streams to DekTec SDI.
- #26834 (improved) (Flussonic) The Quick Start guide made shorter for clarity to provide only essential data for the first start.
- #26900 (improved) (Flussonic) The
start_track WebRTC parameter description updated according to the new logics of track selection.
- #26921 (improved) (Flussonic API) Added descriptions of
limit parameters in the GET /vods/opened_files request for convenient pagination of the returned data.
- #26956 (improved) (Flussonic) Added description for the list of open files that is now displayed on the “VODs” page.
- #26957 (improved) (Flussonic) Examples on the SNMP page updated to reflect that MIB files are now found in different directory.
- #27075 (improved) (Flussonic) Fixed description of
output_audio parameter for streams published via RTMP.
- #27143 (improved) (Flussonic) Added information about AC-3 (Dolby Digital) audio support for DekTec SDI.