Flussonic Media Server 21.10
Flussonic Media Server 21.10 has been released.
We have implemented a new mechanism for inserting ads into the video streams. It allows you to embed ads by replacing stream segments in the play session, so it significantly complicates the work of AdBlock. The new mechanism works with HLS and DASH protocols (multiple and single periods).
The authorization backend can now return stream settings in different authorization contexts. On_publish: when authorizing publishing sessions (allows custom reconfiguration of streams and enables transcoder, DVR, and social media streaming, etc.); on_play allows you to change streaming settings in the context of playback sessions.
A new API design with OpenAPI 3.0 specification is implemented.
Check the full list of improvements and fixes below and get your servers upgraded as soon as possible.
- #8628 (new) (Flussonic) The VoD multi-bitrate DASH playout is available in Flussonic.
- #15269 (new) (Flussonic) New authorization methods for play (on_play) and publish (on_publish) sessions.
- #15312 (new) (Flussonic) Rewrite config directive is replaced with a template.
- #16208 (new) (Flussonic WEBRTC player) Added ability to switch quality of play stream in WEBRTC player.
- #17760 (new) (Flussonic MSE Player) Added options for displaying an error message in the player instead of a color bar screen.
- #18224 (new) (Flussonic) Implemented a new way of generating a session ID with an optional token parameter to finish and start sessions without token modifications in the authorization backend.
- #18253 (new) (Flussonic) Implemented a new ad insertion mechanism for HLS and DASH.
- #19390 (new) (Flussonic) Now it is possible to specify SRT push parameters in the URL query as well as the URL options.
- #19430 (new) (Flussonic API) Added a new field to stream API that contains the calculated configuration.
- #19477 (new) (Flussonic API) Valid and compliant API v3 spec schema:
/streamer/api/v3/schema. Swagger UI included in
- #19507 (new) (Flussonic API) New API v3 for streams is ready to be used in Admin UI.
- #19560 (new) (Flussonic API) Added new
live_stream.stats.inputs fields to the Flussonic API.
- #19561 (new) (Flussonic) More stable handling of per-URL
- #19708 (new) (Flussonic) Renamed live stream
input. API backward compatibility is ensured. API calls
flusonic/api/streams will now work only if the environment variable
STREAMER_OLD_CONFIG is enabled.
- #19735 (new) (Flussonic API) Added
- #19843 (new) (Flussonic API) HTTP api v3 now is using code generation that will help us to ensure that output results are strictly compliant with OpenAPI schema.
- #8298 (fixed) (Flussonic) Added ability to export EPG for stream that contain only “present/following” EIT type.
- #10627 (fixed) (Flussonic) Fixed long DVR access time with several m4f sources in a chain.
- #12059 (fixed) (Flussonic MSE Player) Fixed logo overlay for VOD streams.
- #12168 (fixed) (Flussonic) Fixed issue with exceeding retry limit error while pushing the stream. The default value is
- #14131 (fixed) (Flussonic Transcoder) Fixed issues with disappearing video track and only audio available.
- #14904 (fixed) (Player) WebRTC playback in Chrome on certain Android devices was fixed.
- #16883 (fixed) (Flussonic) Fixed CEA-608/708 closed captions capturing from an SDI source.
- #17159 (fixed) (Flussonic) More stable Flussonic launch when only private DNS is available.
- #17608 (fixed) (Flussonic) Fixed issues with offline activation license.
- #17619 (fixed) (Flussonic) Fixed 500 error issue while requesting HLS playlist from DVR after the publishing session.
- #18302 (fixed) (Flussonic) Fixed issue with missing DVR segments.
- #18451 (fixed) (Flussonic) Fixed broken 486i and 576i SDI ingest on Blackmagic cards.
- #18760 (fixed) (Flussonic) Fixed activation of the USB license keys on USB servers.
- #19002 (fixed) (Flussonic) Fixed dynamic chat demo.
- #19008 (fixed) (Flussonic) Fixed video support for dynamic chat rooms.
- #19050 (fixed) (Flussonic) Fixed the issue of lost pusher statistics.
- #19130 (fixed) (Flussonic) Removed crash error on closing mse_ld sessions.
- #19237 (fixed) (Flussonic) streams position field in API v3.
- #19238 (fixed) (Flussonic) Added composite query filters to api v3: stats.bitrate_gt=1000&stats.bitrate_lt=2000.
- #19335 (fixed) (Flussonic MSE Player) Fixed playing a stream with multiple video tracks.
- #19340 (fixed) (Flussonic) Fix in iptv plugin authorization broken in 21.09.
- #19373 (fixed) (Flussonic) Fixed DVB demo stand.
- #19378 (fixed) (Flussonic) Performance fix .
- #19382 (fixed) (Flussonic) Do not crash flussonic if flussonic-deprecated not installed and mysql port configured.
- #19399 (fixed) (Flussonic) Fixed transponder MPTS behavior on time jump.
- #19411 (fixed) (Flussonic) Fixed starting flussonic in maintenance page with invalid config
- #19445 (fixed) (Flussonic Admin UI) Admin UI goes to offline when editing DVB cards config.
- #19698 (fixed) (Flussonic Admin UI) Wrong uptime value for streams.
- #19738 (fixed) (Flussonic) Fixed EPG upload to transponder through Flussonic UI.
- #19876 (fixed) (Flussonic) Fixed creation of transponder in live location.
- #18059 (doc) New feature for handling dynamic names is described here: Templates and prefixes.
- #19410 (doc) Fixed a typo in WebRTC ABR logic description that made a sentence unclear.
- #19709 (doc) New session ID generation scheme is described here.
- #19873 (doc) Created and published design for Flussonic HTTP API.