Flussonic Media Server v.23.11
Flussonic Media Server 23.11 introduces enhancements such as MP3 metadata support for improved content navigation, closed caption support for wider accessibility, DVR player and storage optimizations for better performance, push metrics for advanced monitoring including Kubernetes clusters, and Source Specific Multicast (SSM) support for network efficiency, and providing an access to GitHub demo repository for API schema insights to help users tackle challenges and explore new business opportunities in media streaming.
- #27152 (new) (Flussonic) Supported the use of
?filter.tracks parameter with LL-HLS playback URLs (
/index.ll.m3u8). You can use it to filter only the tracks that are required on the end-user’s device (for example, you may not want to deliver 360p to TVs or 4K to mobile devices).
- #28453 (new) (Flussonic) Added integration with Axinom DRM to expand content protection capabilities. API schema for DRMs improved in general to introduce a more logical and structured approach.
- #29336 (new) (Flussonic API) The push metrics are now returned in the multiplexer pushes.stats and stream pushes.stats that can be used for monitoring via Prometheus.
- #30893 (new) (Flussonic) Supported MP3 metadata from SHOUTcast source passing through Flussonic.
- #32663 (new) (Flussonic) Source Specific Multicast (SSM) ingest supported for MPTS sources to reduce network load compared to ingesting lots of separate SPTS streams.
- #33110 (new) (Flussonic) Added support for Supplemental Enhanced Information (SEI)
user_data_registered_itu_t_t35 parameters of Closed Captions conversion to WebVTT for use in H.264/HEVC. This is required to parse CCs provided by DirecTV.
- #33163 (new) Added the overview article about monetizing the content using SSAI and its modes. Read more about the modes in the Modes of Server-Side Ad Insertion.
- #33234 (new) (Flussonic) The SSAI midroll files are now played in the order returned by the authorization backend for more control over ad scheduling. You can insert an ad clip at the end of the ad sequence to cover the entire ad slot.
- #33384 (new) (DVR Player) Supported the archive export and share controls for the DVR player on mobile devices.
- #33510 (new) (Flussonic) A demo repository with API schemas made publicly available at our GitHub account to illustrate how we use OpenAPI and API-first approach in our products: Flussonic, Watcher, Vision, Client Area, and Sigur access control integration.
- #14336 (fixed) (Flussonic) Fixed incorrect device ID detection when transcoding with NVIDIA Nvenc using several GPUs.
- #28473 (fixed) (Flussonic API) Fixed the issue with some GET methods including
opened_files_list returning HTTP 403 when called with view_auth credentials.
- #30617 (fixed) (Flussonic) Fixed the issue with transcoder_overloaded parameter not switching from
false when transcoder operation restores back to normal. You can also use Prometheus to track the transcoder overload on specific streams.
- #30620 (fixed) (Retroview) Fixed the issue with server hostnames displayed twice with different data in the servers list in your personal account because server IDs were different for the same hostname+IP pairs.
- #30903 (fixed) (Flussonic) Fixed the issue with audio track missing in an MP4 file exported with
filter.tracks if more than one audio track was in the source stream and the filtered audio track wasn’t the first one (for example, v1a2).
- #32071 (improved) (Flussonic) Refactoring throughout the code to update Cowboy web server up to the newest 2.x version which was required to support HTTP/2 use with Flussonic for correct LL-HLS operation.
- #32271 (fixed) (DVR Player) Fixed the issue with a long waiting period before jumping to a playable content when trying to play a broken archive fragment.
- #32701 (fixed) Fixed dts/pts calculation algorithm on pcr rollover.
- #33129 (fixed) (UI) Fixed the issue with missing protocol labels on the Output tab when corresponding protocols were disabled (Except).
- #33159 (fixed) (DVR Player) Fixed the issue with the stream’s archive not being played when the corresponding RTSP source was unavailable.
- #33195 (fixed) (Flussonic) Fixed the issue with an incorrect
ad_injected event containing all the files instead of only those passed by the auth backend.
- #33202 (fixed) (DVR Player) Fixed the issue with the ‘LIVE’ label not hidden when playing the DVR archive.
- #33266 (fixed) (DVR Player) Fixed the issue with date and time set to 23:59:59 of the previous day when clicking a day in the calendar instead of 00:00:00 of the selected day.
- #33267 (fixed) (Flussonic) Fixed the issue with VOD location listing failure that occurred when the playback module tried to get media_info from the file that was not initialized properly.
- #33268 (fixed) (Flussonic) Fixed the
rtsp_reader, error: case_clause error that was due to the data coming before finalization of the RTSP handshake. To fix this issue, reconnection occurs in such a case.
- #33452 (fixed) (Flussonic) Fixed the issue with the reason of an archive segment deletion not stated in logs at the archive clean-up.
- #33455 (fixed) (Flussonic) Fixed HTTP 500 error when requesting a live DASH stream.
- #33494 (fixed) (DVR Player) Fixed the issue with player controls not displayed in Watcher’s
- #33495 (fixed) (DVR Player) Fixed the issue with the exported segment selection markers displayed in the
/vsaas/embed player even if DVR was disabled for the stream.
- #33609 (fixed) (DVR Player) Fixed the issue with the DVR player showing black screen instead of camera video in the Watcher UI.
- #33759 (fixed) (DVR Player) Fixed the issue with streams having only one video track not played by
vsaas/embed URL or in Watcher UI because the absence of audio track was handled incorrectly.
- #33791 (fixed) (DVR Player) Fixed the issue with the exported segment start/end date and time fields not editable.
- #33816 (improved) (DVR Player) Fixed the issue with gray layer over the player when playing back the archive in Watcher Client UI PWA.
- #33863 (fixed) (Flussonic) Fixed the JPEG generation errors that appeared in logs if the obsolete
thumbnails option was not enabled for the stream.
- #33872 (fixed) (Flussonic) Fixed HTTP 500 error returned by Flussonic when adding a person to Watcher.
- #33876 (fixed) (Flussonic) Fixed the issue with archive protected by episodes cleaned up before expiration if [episodes_expiration]](https://flussonic.com/doc/api/reference/#tag/stream/operation/stream_save%7Cbody%7Cdvr%7Cepisodes_expiration) was less than overall archive
- #33930 (improved) Fixed DVR cleanup on damaged blob.
- #33948 (improved) (DVR Player) Improved the timeline experience to focus on the slider when you click “Back to live”.
- #33992 (fixed) (UI) Fixed the error when opening HLS input options.
- #34002 (fixed) Watcher proxy keeps original Host header value.
- #34003 (fixed) (Flussonic) Fixed the issue with archive clean-up not performed because config backend (
config_external) did not respond to update the expiration times. The cashed expiration values are now used if
config_external is not available.
- #34071 (fixed) dvr_save operation now returns a valid JSON error message.
- #34090 (fixed) (DVR Player) Fixed the issue with the exported segment selection markers disappearing when tapped on iOS 16.
- #34100 (improved) Improved the management of calls to DVR storage when using Flussonic RAID to enhance the system performance.
- #34123 (fixed) (Flussonic) Fixed the HTTP2_PROTOCOL_ERROR when requesting
embed.html that, among other issues, led to stream playback being unavailable in Media Server Admin UI.
- #34134 (improved) (DVR Player) The markers for selecting an archive section are displayed in the visible area of the timeline when you click the “scissors” control.
- #34168 (improved) (Flussonic) Fixed the incorrect counting of the number of sessions when they terminated abnormally.
- #34189 (fixed) (DVR Player) Fixed the issue with archive section markers misplaced in Watcher Client PWA.
- #34190 (fixed) (DVR Player) Fixed the issue with the timeline navigation on mobile devices in the archive segment selection mode.
- #34277 (improved) DVR Storage index listing operation is optimized.
Media Server Documentation
- #29963 (new) The article about how to create your own IPTV channel was updated and added to the menu for Multiplexer along with IPTV/OTT section to reflect that this feature can be used for both cases.
- #32744 (new) Added the page about authorization of sessions in a cluster of servers managed by Central.
- #24745 (improved) Added the note about the GeoIP2 database shipped with Flussonic being a snapshot of the database at the moment of its publication.
- #32991 (improved) The article about publishing video to Flussonic updated to include all available publication protocols and remove some irrelevant information.
- #33391 (improved) Added the article explaining how Central allocates the streams to the streamers and how you can configure the streams layout.
- #33545 (improved) Fixed the example of configuration for Restreaming VOD files.
- #33587 (improved) Updated the database version in the Watcher’s hardware requirements.
- #33636 (improved) Added the note about filtering tracks when playing LL-HLS.
- #33637 (improved) The explanation of ad injection examples updated to reflect that the ad files are now played in the order returned by the auth backend (instead of randomly as before).