Flussonic Media Server v.23.10
Flussonic Media Server (version 23.10) brings a multitude of enhancements, from improved DVR player settings to expanded authorization methods for RTSP cameras, and even support for Vivotek cameras through the ONVIF module. This update empowers users with enhanced archive management, observability via OpenTelemetry trace export, push metrics, and streamlined configurations, while also contributing to a more user-friendly Media Server documentation for a comprehensive and user-centric experience.
- #6955 (new) (DVR Player) Some settings including video quality and audio track were moved to the ‘gear’ settings menu in the new Player UI.
- #16789 (new) (DVR Player) The “Export to mp4” option added to the Player.
- #29022 (new) (Flussonic) All authorization methods are now tried for RTSP ingest to allow using cameras that may not support Basic authorization.
- #30075 (new) (Flussonic) The ONVIF module updated to support Vivotek cameras.
- #30725 (new) (Flussonic API) Designed the API for push metrics returned in the multiplexer pushes.stats and stream pushes.stats that can be used for monitoring via Prometheus.
- #30893 (new) (Flussonic) Fixed the issue with MP3 metadata from SHOUTcast source not passed through Flussonic.
- #32052 (new) (Flussonic API) The deprecated
vision.gpu parameter removed from the schema.
- #32650 (new) (UI) The number of Agents is now shown in Central Admin UI.
- #32678 (new) (Flussonic) Empty directories where the archive was stored are now deleted after the archive clean-up.
- #32773 (new) (Flussonic) Export of OpenTelemetry traces from Flussonic is supported.
- #32857 (new) (UI) Playback authorization via
playback_token implemented in Watcher Client UI that we are currently developing.
- #32909 (new) (UI) Streamer role (e.g. ingress) is now displayed in the streamer list at Central Admin UI.
- #32945 (new) A detailed instructions on how to receive and deliver multicast streams without interruptions were added to help you build a reliable IPTV service based on multicast.
- #32955 (new) (Flussonic) Added OpenTelemetry tracing to live stream API.
- #33003 (new) (UI) The design of the camera profile page was aligned with the rest of the new Watcher UI that we are currently developing.
- #33492 (new) (Flussonic) Added support for publication protection by [password[(https://flussonic.com/doc/api/config-external/#tag/stream/operation/streams_list/response%7Сstreams%7Сpassword) for streams provisioned via
- #18738 (improved) (UI) The ‘Usage’ counter in the Hardware Modules Monitor for Flussonic Coder was replaced with more insightful ‘Memory Throughput’ metric allowing you to estimate the absolute memory bus load.
- #27517 (fixed) (Flussonic) Fixed the issue with
PUT /sessions request from WebRTC Player required authorization via auth backend preventing Flussonic from receiving statistics of play sessions.
- #27812 (fixed) (Flussonic) Fixed the issue with
backup_running parameter not set back to
false when stream’s main input returned back to live after being replaced by a backup VOD input due to a failure.
- #28163 (fixed) (Flussonic) Fixed the issue with JPEG thumbnails request looped in the Cluster DVR even with
- #29443 (fixed) (DVR Player) Updated the calendar design in the DVR Player; fixed the issue with some days in the end or beginning of the month not highlighted as having the archive while the archive was actually there.
- #30078 (fixed) (Flussonic) Fixed the issue with RTMP publication not accepted by Flussonic because of float type of resolution sent by the publication source.
- #31058 (fixed) (Flussonic) Supported HTTP 302 redirect for RTSP ingest in Flussonic.
- #31925 (improved) (Flussonic) The bitrate of teletext in the UDP pusher is now auto-tuned to avoid trimming.
- #32056 (improved) (Flussonic API) The scheduler load data is now available via API even when Pulse DB is disabled because the scheduler is basically independent from Pulse.
- #32340 (fixed) (Coder) Fixed pixelization of MP2V source with wrong PTS timestamps transcoded on Flussonic Coder.
- #32369 (fixed) (Flussonic) Fixed the HTTP 404 error appeared when trying to play a VOD file mentioned in SMIL but placed in a subfolder.
- #32534 (improved) (Flussonic) The “Failed to clean blob” error of DVR cleaner in logs made more insightful to show that DVR clean-up cannot be started again because it is already running.
- #32641 (improved) (UI) Fixed the name of the ‘Active task’ chart on the Pulse tab in Flussonic Admin UI.
- #32695 (fixed) (WebRTC Player) Fixed the issue with
onWebsocketClose JS event not sent by WebRTC Player on the publication start/end.
- #32726 (fixed) (DVR Player) Fixed the issue with DVR Player in Watcher UI not playing video when DVR was configured for the stream.
- #32856 (improved) (Flussonic API) The deprecated
vision.gpu parameter removed from Flussonic.
- #32869 (fixed) (Flussonic) Fixed the issue with ingest of RTSP stream on Flussonic from a Bosch camera (NDP-5512-Z30).
- #32894 (fixed) (UI) Fixed the issue with “RTMP/RTSP is not configured” message in the URL list on the Output tab, Input tab with
publish:// source, and at VOD file playback that was shown even when the corresponding ports were properly set in the Listeners section on the Config page.
- #32905 (fixed) (DVR Player) Fixed the HTTP 500 error when Player ran
- #32916 (fixed) (UI) Fixed the overlapping of Standby field tooltip and Multicast loop checkbox that because of which it was impossible to see the tooltip.
- #32981 (improved) (Flussonic API) The
streams_list API call optimized to run 20 times faster.
- #32983 (improved) (Flussonic API) The
config_get API call optimized to run 20 times faster: 70ms vs. 1400ms.
- #32994 (fixed) (UI) Fixed the issue with inability to add several ports of the same type (for example, HTTP) because existing ports were deleted when adding another port of the same type on the Config tab.
- #33025 (fixed) (DVR Player) Fixed the issue with
embed.html ignoring the protocol set in query string and playing live video via MSE when HLS is explicitly specified as
- #33039 (fixed) (Flussonic API) Supported
text/plain format for API responses for Prometheus.
- #33089 (fixed) (DVR Player) Fixed the issue with playback freezing in Watcher UI when clicking the timeline in the archive area.
- #33097 (fixed) Fixed the issue with an incorrect descriptor for video in PMT of an output UDP stream when using the HEVX to AVC transcoding.
- #33178 (fixed) (UI) Fixed the issue with form data resetting unexpectedly when editing Multiplexor settings.
- #33211 (fixed) (Flussonic) Fixed the issue with Let’s Encrypt SSL certificate not updated automatically when there were streamer.crt backups created.
- #33212 (fixed) (UI) Fixed the issue with authorization tokens missing in requests from the new Watcher UI to Watcher server for mp4 camera thumbnails.
- #33236 (fixed) (Flussonic) Fixed the issue when generic OEM versions of Flussonic Media Server required Flussonic Erlang installed for the use of the transcoder.
- #33237 (improved) added more tracing spans to dvr writing procedure
- #33289 (fixed) (Flussonic) Improved WebRTC WHEP playback performance.
- #33297 (improved) config saving and applying is now synchronous. API call may become slower, but it shows now real save time
- #33301 (fixed) (DVR Player) The WebRTC playback URL for the
embed.html page changed from deprecated
/whap to proper
- #33304 (fixed) (Flussonic) Improved the DVR clean-up process to run faster when episodes and old locks are present in the archive at the same time.
- #33315 (improved) (Flussonic) The obsolete DVR locks are now ignored when episodes are available.
- #33323 (improved) (UI) The episodes are sorted descending by their start time in the new Watcher UI we are currently developing.
- #33331 (improved) fixed performance bug with massive dvr loss in the beginning of the hour
- #33339 (improved) (UI) The list of events (episodes) is now shown on the right from the player in the new Watcher UI we are currently developing.
- #33369 (fixed) (UI) Fixed the issue with cursor moved to the end of the line when editing the HTTP backend URL.
- #33434 (fixed) Fixed the HTTP 405 error at Agent connection attempts.
Media Server Documentation (23.10) 2023-10-05
- #32481 (new) Added the article about using Prometheus toolkit for collecting metrics from Flussonic Media Server.
- #14414 (improved) Listed the tracks available for choosing in an MPTS stream.
- #31915 (improved) Added a summary article about RTMP protocol and its use with Flussonic; the pages relating to RTMP grouped under the single menu section.
- #32318 (improved) The ways of storing the archive in a cloud explained in more details.
- #32732 (improved) Updated the Flussonic Exporter dashboard to allow the use of Grafana with the latest Flussonic API.
- #32843 (improved) The mechanism of the archive export to MP4 described to explain why the download may take a long time to start when exporting a long period.
- #32851 (improved) The article about ad insertion markers updated to summarize info about conversion of markers in Flussonic and highlight that markers are supported for MPEG-TS over any transport protocol including SRT. The SCTE-35 support for M4S/M4F also mentioned.