Flussonic Media Server v.23.05
May 2, 2023
What’s new in Flussonic Media Server 23.05
Updated client area and admin web-interface, smoother WebRTC session termination since they are detected now by the payload, better setting up of all video devices like DVB cards in admin web-interface and in Flussonic API, smooth and consistent ad insertion since the issue with forcible closing of HLS segments and starting a new one when an SCTE35 marker with splice_immediate_flag=1 is received was fixed. The full list of updates in Flussonic Media Server 23.05 is below and more details are in the release notes
- #23469 (new) (UI) The list of all video devices like DVB/ASI/ATSC/ISDB/SDI cards discovered by Flussonic is now displayed on the “DVB Cards” tab to facilitate the process of setting up such cards in Flussonic for you.
- #26672 (new) (Flussonic API) Added the
mixer_strategy parameter for the
mixer:// input type allowing you to set up the mixing mode:
all to mix all input tracks or
first_video_audio (default) to mix only a first video track of the first input with a first audio track of the second input.
- #27734 (new) (Flussonic) Added the
bind_ip option of the
srt2:// input to set the IP address of the interface that is in use for SRT ingest. This option is useful when you can accept SRT only on certain interfaces, e.g. on Flussonic Coder.
- #29077 (new) (UI) Improved the design of the VOD Overview page: added the button to disable VODs (similar to streams) and the “Browse” button to facilitate the storage path selection.
- #29182 (new) (Flussonic) A WebRTC session termination is now detected by the payload: for WHEP (play) sessions, ICE binding request or RR RTCP message must be received at least once every thirty (30) seconds; for WHIP (publish) sessions, either RTP, or SR RTCP message, or ICE binding request must be received at least once every three (3) seconds.
- #29366 (new) (Flussonic API) The list of video devices like DVB/ASI/ATSC/ISDB/SDI cards detected by Flussonic is now returned in the private field
video_devices of the
GET /config/stats request. This would help you get the data required for setting up such cards in Flussonic, for example serial numbers.
- #29632 (new) (UI) Updated the design of the Source Overview page to be in line with the rest of the UI.
- #29650 (new) (UI) Updated the design of the VOD - Input page to be in line with the rest of the UI.
- #29775 (new) (UI) The stream settings are now displayed in the Flussonic Admin UI for information purposes when
config_external is in use.
- #29807 (new) (UI) The load balancer URLs are now displayed in the Central Admin UI for the streams playback.
- #29839 (new) (UI) Added the form for authorized resellers to issue trial licenses at my.flussonic.com.
- #29840 (new) Your new personal account dashboard is released and available at my.flussonic.com.
- #29894 (new) (UI) Improved the process of accepting Terms and Conditions in your personal account dashboard at my.flussonic.com: when T&C are not accepted, for example after an update, the user is redirected to the page to accept them.
- #30027 (new) (UI) The UI for configuring the cluster is improved: all cluster settings are now on one tab, the peers are configured in the peer profile, added controls for adding and deleting the peers.
- #30068 (new) (UI) The trial license links sent via an e-mail are now handled by the new my.flussonic.com dashboard.
- #21788 (improved) (Flussonic API) Our
openapi_handler is now available publicly on GitHub to help developers around the globe in implementing the “API-first” approach. We use this same tool in our day-to-day development so it will evolve and advance continuously in the future.
- #25563 (improved) The Protocollum solution was updated to support API v3.
- #26408 (improved) Supported Agent connection for Central Single installation.
- #27443 (fixed) (UI) Fixed the issue with inability to click the Save button after changing the value in the “API allowed from” field.
- #28833 (improved) (Flussonic API) The use of
dvr.root in the stream config with
config_external is now forbidden. Please use
dvr.reference to refer to a globally defined DVR settings in config on disk.
- #28902 (fixed) (Flussonic) Fixed the issue with SRT streams not ingested with the
passphrase parameter in their URL.
- #28912 (fixed) Fixed the issue with disk cleanup in Flussonic RAID. It is recommended to set the number of active disks less than the total number of disks to avoid such issues.
- #28964 (fixed) (Flussonic) Fixed the issue with HLS Event manifest not changing after the media_info change at restreaming.
- #28968 (fixed) (Flussonic) Fixed the issue with RTSP ingest interrupted with
tcp_closed reason because of missing
GET_PARAMETER requests to camera which some cameras use instead of keepalive messages.
- #29153 (fixed) (Flussonic API) Added error message on PUT/POST requests with options not declared in the API schema.
- #29218 (improved) (UI) Improved the naming of settings in the UDP push configuring UI.
- #29299 (improved) Added the “Back” button on the Streams, Templates, Sources, and VODs pages in the UI version for mobile devices.
- #29343 (improved) (UI) Flussonic Admin UI now utilizes the Streaming API for DVR Player instead of maintaining its own logics for URLs.
- #29345 (fixed) (Flussonic) Fixed the issue with the
priority option affecting the indication of the active input when the input with the higher priority was captured but the API responded that the first input in the list is captured.
- #29389 (fixed) (DVR Player) Fixed the issue with playback position marker moving forward from the mouse pointer when trying to navigate the archive in Watcher VMS.
- #29394 (fixed) The “Copy export link” and “Copy link to player” options are no available and not displayed when accessing DVR player over HTTP instead of HTTPS.
- #29412 (fixed) (Flussonic) Fixed the issue with the list of tracks incorrectly identified at ABR WebRTC playback when data on bitrate were missing at the playback start, as a result of which the
start_track parameter was not applied and the playback started from the lowest quality instead of the specified track. To solve that issue, the tracks with undefined bitrate are now selected based on the media info until the data on the bitrate are received.
- #29419 (fixed) (Flussonic) Fixed the issue with forcible closing of a current HLS segment and starting a new one when SCTE35 marker with
splice_immediate_flag=1 was received.
- #29543 (fixed) (UI) Fixed the issue with the Save button not available after changing the program’s source in Multiplexer.
- #29557 (improved) (Flussonic) Removed the auto generated LCN, NIT, and TDT/TOT tables from SPTS pushed from Flussonic. SDT is only added to the SPTS if Provider and Title are specified in the stream config. Nothing changes for MPTS push.
- #29575 (fixed) (UI) The settings for UDP push are now disabled in the UI if push is configured in the stream’s template.
- #29585 (fixed) (Flussonic) Improved RTP-Info parsing for channel binding at RTSP ingest.
- #29594 (fixed) (UI) The ability to set complex extra input parameters (like JSON objects or arrays of objects, including
audio_tracks) is temporarily removed from the UI. Use the config file or API calls to set such parameters while we are working on supporting them in the UI.
- #29628 (fixed) (Flussonic) Fixed the issue with missing required CodecPrivateData for audio in MSS manifest.
- #29751 (improved) (UI) The Stream - DVR page now shows a notification about the DVR player being moved to the Overview page.
- #29787 (fixed) (WebRTC Player) Fixed the issue with sending requests from the player via two different ports when playing WHEP over UDP which caused Flussonic to ignore the messages from one of the ports.
- #29793 (fixed) (WebRTC Player) Fixed the issue with reduced resolution when publishing video from a web camera at WebRTC Demo page.
- #29808 (fixed) Fixed the issue with LCN field being required for saving multiplexer settings in the UI while it can be left empty according to the API schema.
- #29864 (improved) (Flussonic) Removed excessive pusher messages from the logs.
- #29914 (fixed) (UI) Fixed the issue with streams having a forward slash in their name not being played in the UI.
- #29929 (improved) (Flussonic k8s) Added the environment variable
STREAMER_WATCHER_URL to allow docker-compose launch of Media Server with older versions of Watcher VMS that didn’t have their own launcher. The value is set like that:
- #29935 (improved) (UI) Fixed the password reset form at my.flussonic.com: new password is not prefilled and password confirmation field is added.
- #29937 (improved) (UI) Improved the naming of some UI items at my.flussonic.com: the tab is now called “My Flussonic” to distinguish from admin UI, the license purchase button has its own name instead of a simple plus sign, the Tickets page is renamed to Support.
- #29979 (fixed) (Flussonic) Fixed the issue with the decoder failure and vRAM leaks after changing the interlacing settings for the NVENC transcoder.
- #30015 (fixed) (UI) Fixed the issue with stream name capitalization in the page path at Flussonic Admin UI.
- #30016 (improved) proper 503 response to agents list when rproxy not configured
- #30017 (improved) (Flussonic) URL validation for
event_sink configuration is implemented. The URL pattern is shown in the schema.
- #30019 (improved) (Flussonic) Added FLUSSONIC_CLUSTER_KEY environment variable that you should set for running Watcher in Docker.
- #30020 (fixed) (Flussonic) Flussonic will not crash on non-object responses (like HTTP 404) from the
- #30047 (improved) The old UI is no longer available at my.flussonic.com.
- #30052 (fixed) (UI) E-mail confirmation is now available without signing in at my.flussonic.com.
- #30059 (improved) (UI) The ticket ID is now displayed next to the ticket name on the Support page at my.flussonic.com.
- #30061 (fixed) (Flussonic) Fixed the issue with Agents not being able to be authorized on the streamer with the configuration provisioned by Flussonic Central (
- #30062 (fixed) (UI) Fixed the issue with ticket category incorrectly defined when not set by the user, improved commenting on tickets with a large number of comments.
- #30089 (improved) (UI) Phone number confirmation supported at the new my.flussonic.com dashboard.
- #30090 (improved) (UI) All the options at my.flussonic.com that are not available with e-mail and/or phone number not confirmed are now hidden until the profile is completed to avoid any confusion.
- #30177 (fixed) (UI) Fixed the error when trying to save the chassis settings in the UI. The settings are now saved correctly.
- #30217 (improved) (UI) Updated the design of the VOD location creation page.
- #30262 (improved) (UI) Updated the design of the Source creation page.
- #30280 (fixed) (UI) Added the ability to download the activation file for a USB license at the new my.flussonic.com dashboard.
- #30306 (fixed) (Flussonic API) Fixed the issue with
stream_save method returning HTTP 500 error when saving the
fps option in the transcoder settings.
- #29157 (new) Added the
copy:// source to the Data Source Types page.
- #13513 (improved) The requirements to positioning of hardware modules in Flussonic Coder explained to help you troubleshoot some issues with the device.
- #28579 (improved) The wording about the config status at Config validation updated to highlight the API request allowing you to check if the config is valid.
- #28650 (improved) Added the page about copying streams.
- #28897 (improved) Added description of the
input rtp:// source type for receiving raw RTP multicast. Please note that this is not the usual RTP MPEG-TS; the data for this source type are expected non-containerized.
- #29447 (improved) The documentation menu on the left improved to reflect the contents of the first-level sections: Live Streaming renamed to UGC Streaming, Cloud removed from the menu, Central moved up closer to Media Server.
- #29982 (improved) Updated the description of Multiplexer UI.