Flussonic Media Server v.23.02
What’s new in Flussonic Media Server 23.02
Flussonic Media Server provides CORS stream authorization. The OpenAPI scheme for Flussonic API is now finalized, including our latest feature config_external.The web-interface has been updated to API V3, with new charts, DVR Replication Indication, and direct support ticket submission functionality. Additionally, account features for my2.flussonic.com have been enhanced, along with DVR Player, WebRTC, and a seamless transcoder mode. Research and internal tests have resulted in a dramatic reduction of 500 errors.
- #5715 (new) (Flussonic) Added the
filter.tracks parameter for mp4 export allowing you to specify which tracks you want to export.
- #11587 (new) (Flussonic) Implemented CORS authorization for embed.html page. Use the headers parameter to configure it.
- #14834 (new) (Flussonic) Added the ability to configure UDP push options in the UI (on the Output tab of the stream or template).
- #15365 (new) (Flussonic) Supported RFC8216 standard of SCTE-35 markers insertion into a HLS stream suitable for Apple devices.
- #15809 (new) (DVR Player) Added the
localtime option for the
embed.html page enabling UTC timeline in the DVR player (
localtime=false). Read more
- #21429 (new) (UI) Finalized Flussonic admin UI migration to API v3.
- #24113 (new) (Flussonic) Improved TWCC mechanism of bitrate estimation for WebRTC ABR to make the decisions on switching between tracks more reliable.
- #24296 (new) (Coder) Added ability to set global default gateway that is in use for all traffic unless individual default gateways are set for the interfaces.
- #26812 (new) (Flussonic) Supported dynamic handling of a changing source track set at WebRTC ABR playback. The play session now closes when media info significantly changes, for example when order or number of tracks or essential track parameters are changed.
- #27205 (new) (UI) Added indication of the DVR replication process for each stream in the stream list.
- #27610 (new) (Flussonic API) The “Delete at” version is now displayed for the deprecated API fields scheduled for deletion in future versions.
- #27641 (new) (UI) Added tools for managing colleagues list in your new personal account dashboard (my2.flussonic.com) that we are currently developing.
- #27689 (new) (UI) Implemented saving of the payment card in your new personal account dashboard (my2.flussonic.com) that we are currently developing.
- #27775 (new) (Flussonic) Added support for JSON primary config validation. Read more
- #27778 (new) (Flussonic) Implemented
bin/validate_config tool for validating the integrity of the config file. Read more.
- #28003 (new) (UI) The view of “Disk space usage section on the Pulse tab improved.
- #28141 (new) (UI) Implemented displaying of local ticket time instead of UTC+0 on my2.flussonic.com.
- #21395 (improved) (Coder) Fixed issue with the
chassis service crashing if the “lcd on” option is present in the config while the device does not actually have an LCD screen.
- #21489 (fixed) (Flussonic) Fixed issue with
header.Referer parameter not being send even if specified in the stream config.
- #24224 (improved) (DVR player) Fixed issue with the screenshot button not shown at small player box size.
- #24277 (fixed) (Jetson) Fixed L4T2 transcoder crash with
unexpected_video_frame message when switching between sources.
- #25255 (improved) (Flussonic) Unnecessary data excluded from еру DVR index to make it lighter and keep only data required for DVR cleanup.
- #25577 (fixed) (UI) Fixed inability to add a new input to the stream by typing the URL manually.
- #25708 (improved) (Flussonic API) The schema of the
source_connected event enriched with more details on connection status and parameters including
- #26026 (fixed) (Flussonic) Improved handling of a situation when DASH DVR is requested from and overloaded disk: the 503/busy error is now returned instead of 500 error and log messages are more clear.
- #26028 (fixed) (Flussonic) Fixed issue with cleanup of DVR after stream deletion manifested when DVR had
index option defined.
- #26555 (fixed) (Flussonic) Fixed issue with PIDs turning on and off in the multiplexer based on DekTec SDI due to unsynchronized time between the board and the server.
- #26962 (improved) (UI) Added the password recovery form to your new personal account dashboard (my2.flussonic.com) that we are currently developing.
- #27239 (improved) (UI) The unsubscribe page implemented in the new personal account dashboard (my2.flussonic.com) similar to the old one.
- #27303 (fixed) (Flussonic API) Fixed handling of API requests with filtering by a condition to comply with the documentation.
- #27313 (fixed) (Flussonic) Fixed issue with unsmooth playback of RTMP video from Flussonic due to loss of disposable frames.
- #27319 (fixed) (Flussonic) Flussonic does not crash any more if you specify invalid
mpts-udp:// URL in the input. Instead, a message in the log is shown while the system continues to operate seamlessly.
- #27377 (improved) (Coder) Fixed issue with Flussonic activation on the Coder after the firmware update with wrong system time on the device.
- #27401 (fixed) (Flussonic) Fixed issue with RTMP push not stopping when the source is lost.
- #27482 (fixed) (Flussonic) Fixed issue with calculated values in the transcoder UI not being displayed correctly for the last track.
- #27488 (improved) (UI) Updated charts on the Pulse tab.
- #27489 (fixed) (Flussonic) Fixed issue with incorrect media_info after transcoder reconfiguration.
- #27500 (improved) (UI) Transponder/MPTS renamed to Multiplexer in the UI for clarity.
- #27509 (fixed) (Flussonic) Improved handling of RTSP URLs without slash mark in the end.
- #27554 (fixed) (Flussonic) Fixed issue with slash mark put in wrong place in the RTSP control URL.
- #27558 (fixed) (Flussonic) Fixed issue with
tracks) option of RTSP ingest not affecting the ingested streams.
- #27567 (fixed) (DVR Player) Fixed delay of displaying recording status in DVR player when scaling the timeline.
- #27606 (fixed) (UI) Improved the process of adding peers to clear the peer name field when switching to the next new item.
- #27616 (fixed) (Flussonic) Fixed issue with analytics config not being accepted by Flussonic from external configuration backend.
- #27625 (fixed) (Flussonic) Fixed issue with UDP pusher crash when ID3 metadata are present in the source; the tracks are now filtered before push to include only supported MPEG-TS audio and video codecs, however there is still ability to specify the track manually.
- #27643 (improved) (UI) Improved profile settings at my2.flussonic.com; supported email verification.
- #27646 (fixed) (Flussonic) ABR is now enabled by default for WebRTC playback.
- #27649 (fixed) (Flussonic) The
tracks parameter in the RTSP play URLs is replaced with
filter.tracks for uniformity.
- #27652 (fixed) (Flussonic) Fixed issue with extra segment added in the beginning of the HLS EVENT playlist when playing DVR close to online preventing correct playback in some players.
- #27688 (fixed) (Flussonic) Fixed issue with error 500 on
GET /streams request if external_config is invalid; the external_config is now validated before being applied, and declined in case of inconsistencies to keep the working config in place.
- #27729 (improved) (UI) Implemented the page for entering credentials for accessing Flussonic admin UI if you have placed the license file manually on disk and then decided to continue setup in the UI.
- #27747 (fixed) (Flussonic) Fixed unexpected switches of video tracks at MBR RTMP push.
- #27761 (improved) (Coder) Implemented a uniform load distribution between the transcoder modules in the Coder.
- #27777 (fixed) (Flussonic) Fixed issue with output stream degradation when transcoding on NVENC at
fast or higher preset due to SDK update.
- #27784 (improved) (Flussonic API) Removed useless
nullable: true fields from Coder management schema.
- #27785 (improved) (Flussonic API) Supported
oneOf keyword in OpenAPI schema for codecs.
- #27854 (improved) (UI) Added preloading page for pages that can be loaded slowly; added more info to the “Licences” page at my2.flussonic.com.
- #27872 (fixed) (UI) Fixed issue with editing the options of a newly added input before saving the stream.
- #27874 (fixed) (Flussonic) Fixed password protection for WebRTC publications.
- #27904 (fixed) (Flussonic) Fixed issue with partial configuration files not being included due to missing
datapath option when forming the UnknownKeys list.
- #27912 (improved) (UI) Implemented the card view of the stream list in the administrator’s UI. Cards are periodically updated screenshots with basic info about stream over them. The card view is more vivid and allows you to manage more streams on one page.
- #27925 (fixed) (Flussonic) Fixed issue with degradation of AC3 sound after stream ingestion from DekTec SDI.
- #27964 (improved) (UI) Cloud and support licenses are no longer shown on the “Licenses” page at my2.flussonic.com.
- #27976 (improved) (Flussonic API) Updated listener examples in Flussonic API reference to show that the listener is an object not a string.
- #27980 (improved) (UI) Removed obsolete UI elements related to config override.
- #27987 (fixed) (UI) Fixed crash of the license page at my2.flussonic.com in the absence of data (before they are received).
- #28002 (fixed) (Flussonic) Supported handling of HTTP 307 redirects in the live pusher to allow load balancing at the side accepting the push.
- #28019 (improved) completely removed dependency from sqlite3
- #28077 (fixed) (Flussonic) Fixed issue with missing AAC audio in RTMP output when publishing over WebRTC.
- #28079 (improved) (UI) The link for
embed.html on the stream’s Output tab in the Сloud is now formed similarly to other URLs.
- #28090 (improved) (UI) The fields on the stream’s Input tab were regrouped to facilitate publication.
- #28170 (fixed) (Flussonic) Fixed issue with the archive being recorded to only one disk in the pool after a failure.
- #28192 (improved) (Flussonic API) Improved messages about successful execution of API requests.
- #26225 (new) (Flussonic) Added a real-life example of deploying a UGC streaming service in the UGC implementation guide.
- #26559 (new) (flussonic) The instructions on installing Flussonic Central were updated to describe the
ssl option in the database connection string.
- #27556 (new) (Flussonic) The API for
config_external was documented as an OpenAPI schema.
- #27624 (improved) (Flussonic) The article about transcoder was updated to reflect that the seamless mode is now always enabled by default and cannot be disabled.
- #27772 (improved) (Flussonic) The page about H.265 playback updated to reflect that H.265 is now supported in Chrome.
- #28005 (improved) (Flussonic) Transponder renamed to Multiplexer throughout the documentation to reflect changes in the UI. The
transponder directive is remaining in the config examples temporarily.
- #28126 (improved) (Flussonic) Added info about ABR being enabled by default at WebRTC Playback.
- #28177 (improved) (Flussonic) Described the use of CORS authorization for protection of
embed.html player from embedding on other websites.
- #28236 (improved) (Flussonic API) Added missing descriptions to the following fields of API Reference: