Flussonic Media Server 22.08
August 1, 2022
Flussonic Media Server 22.08 has been released.
DVR catch up link now combines two HLS types: EVENT and VOD. Flussonic automatically finishes EVENT links: it will return EVENT if “now” marker points into specified interval and return VOD when it comes into the past. You can insert one universal link into your website or application instead of updating it after event.
It’s more convenient to run Flussonic in Kubernetes, we have prepared several improvements: Flussonic can store license files in k8s secret storage, get configuration from system environment, read configuration from includes /etc/flussonic/flussonic.conf.d/, new monitoring endpoints (liveness, readiness) are added. Please share your experience with Flussonic in Kubernetes: email@example.com.
Check the full list of improvements and fixes below and get your servers upgraded as soon as possible.
- #4701 (new) (Flussonic) It is now possible to finish HLS event playlists with planned end of broadcasting.
- #5278 (new) (Flussonic) It is now possible to transode separate audio tracks with different parameters. For example, it is possible to make two tracks with different bitrate from one input track, or transcode each input track with different bitrate.
- #13069 (new) (Flussonic UI) If Flussonic Coder is installed, the “Chassis” tab now displays serial numbers of Nvidia Jetson modules.
- #15420 (new) (Flussonic) AV1 codec is now supported for WebRTC publishing.
- #16487 (new) (Flussonic API) Moved all significant Flussonic API methods from v2 to v3.
- #20539 (new) (Flussonic API) Published Authorization Backend schema. Now we have a formal specification of all parameters sent to an authorization backend and received in response.
- #21342 (new) (Flussonic) Updated Tesseract library used for DVB subtitles recognition. The accuracy of subtitles recognition increased by 8-10%.
- #23188 (improved) (Flussonic UI) Added “Usages” tab in Flussonic Cloud UI where resource usage report is displayed.
- #25003 (new) (Flussonic) Flussonic can store streamer license files in Kubernetes secret storage.
- #25004 (new) (Flussonic) Flussonic Media Server now can start without configuration if HTTP port and
edit_auth are provided in environment variables (preparing to work in Kubernetes).
- #25005 (new) (Flussonic) Added reading configuration from includes in
/etc/flussonic/flussonic.conf.d/ (preparing to work in Kubernetes).
- #25051 (new) (Flussonic API) Added methods for detecting server liveness and readiness to Flussoic API (preparing to work in Kubernetes).
- #9353 (improved) (Flussonic) An alert message is now shown in Flussonic UI when too many streams are transcoded with Nvidia NVENC.
- #23800 (improved) (Flussonic) Fixed absense of information about load balancer peers in the “Cluster” tab of Flussonic UI.
- #23877 (improved) (WebRTC player) Fixed repeating attempts of WebRTC player to reconnet to a stream even when the stream is already absent in Flussonic.
- #23980 (improved) (Flussonic) Fixed an error when reconnecting to a stream played via WHAP.
- #24766 (improved) (Flussonic UI) The “i” icon in the list of streams now displays additional information about the input stream: tracks, resolution, codec, and bitrate.
- #24826 (improved) (Flussonic UI) Multiple improvements in Flussonic UI: removed unnecessary controls and filters, improved layout.
- #24860 (improved) (Flussonic UI) “Cluster > Overview” tab now displays new peer settings like CPU usage, number of clients, output bitrate, etc. It is possible to add new peer properties in “Cluster > Settings” tab.
- #24914 (improved) (Flussonic UI) Removed the “streamid” part from SRT publish link on the “Overview” tab of stream settings in Flussonic Cloud UI. Now this link displays only “srt://ip:port” as each stream published by SRT now has a separate port.
- #24915 (improved) (Flussonic UI) The “Usages” list in Flussonic Cloud UI is now sorted by reverse chronological order and displays maximally 10 elements.
- #24922 (improved) (Flussonic) Added limitation for time interval for reconnecting to an unavailable source.
- #24933 (improved) (Flussonic API) Fixed displaying incorrect next version and repository name when updating Flussonic via API.
- #23048 (new) (Cloud) It is now possible to publish streams via SRT in Flussonic Cloud.
- #23917 (new) (Cloud) Flussonic Cloud now reserves a separate port for each stream published by SRT.
- #24698 (new) (Cloud)The amount of streams created in Flussonic Cloud per account is now limited by 10.
- #24127 (improved) (Cloud) Publishing via RTMP(S) is now supported in Flussonic Cloud.
- #17020 (fixed) (Flussonic) Fixed the issue when an on-demand thumbnail was not generated for a segment that is not recorded into a DVR archive yet (near realtime).
- #20627 (fixed) (Flussonic) Fixed crash of a transponder when disabling a source stream.
- #21400 (fixed) (Flussonic) Fixed the issue when Flussonic deleted later parts of DVR archive when disk space limitation was expired instead of deleting older parts if the older parts were labeled as
- #21949 (fixed) (Flussonic Coder) Fixed exessive CPU usage by Flussonic Coder when capturing an MPTS stream.
- #23192 (fixed) (Flussonic) Fixed video freezes when playing a stream via WebRTC/UDP.
- #23432 (fixed) (Flussonic UI) The “DVB cards” tab is now moved to “Media” section in Flussonic UI. When a stream is added for receiving a program without service name specified, the stream name is automatically generated from the DVB card name and the program ID.
- #23496 (fixed) (Flussonic) Fixed setting
CLOSED-CAPTIONS=NONE in HLS manifest when playing DVR archive with closed captions via HLS.
- #23686 (fixed) (Flussonic) Fixed incorrect playback resolution of a stream published via WebRTC and transcoded with Nvidia NVENC.
- #24124 (fixed) (Flussonic) Fixed non-working WebRTC playback via TCP using WHAP.
- #24239 (fixed) (Flussonic) Fixed the issue when adding a stream to a package in IPTV plugin did not enable IPTV authorization.
- #24330 (fixed) (WebRTC player) Fixed
not_set_started_at error when playing a stream in WebRTC player.
- #24336 (fixed) (Flussonic) Fixed crash of MPEG-TS video ingest on some sources.
- #24387 (fixed) (Flussonic UI) Fixed setting incorrect name when creating new global DVR configuration.
- #24431 (fixed) (Flussonic) Fixed error 500 when requesting on-demand JPEG thumblails during M4F or M4S restreaming.
- #24436 (fixed) (Flussonic) Fixed instable behavior of MPEG-TS reader.
- #24595 (fixed) (Flussonic) Fixed inability to play AAC audio in a stream published via WHIP.
- #24656 (fixed) (Flussonic) Fixed receiving incorrect media info data from the server during WebRTC publishing.
- #24681 (fixed) (Flussonic UI) Added the ability to change the order of sources on the “Input” tab of the stream settings using arrows.
- #24689 (fixed) (Flussonic UI) Fixed displaying inactive status of Watcher in Flussonic UI when this license is actually active.
- #24693 (fixed) (Flussonic) Fixed an issue with multiple media info changes during publication via WebRTC on Safari and Firefox.
- #24708 (fixed) (Flussonic) Fixed incorrect indication of media info change in HLS playlist.
- #24743 (fixed) (Flussonic) Small refactoring of the
on_play setting behavior.
- #24846 (fixed) (Flussonic) Fixed inability to play a stream via Apple Low-Latency HLS in native Safari because of empty value of the
language parameter in
EXT-X-MEDIA part of the manifest.
- #24880 (fixed) (Flussonic) Fixed broken DVR storages when using RAID.
- #24890 (fixed) (Flussonic) Fixed inability to create a cluster peer with specified port via Flussonic API.
- #24896 (fixed) (Flussonic) Fixed excessive log files upload via “Upload debug” button in Flussonic UI.
- #24878 (fixed) (Flussonic) Fixed displaying incorrect peer hostname in Flussonic UI if the
api_url and the
hostname parameters in the peer’s configuration contain different hostnames.
- #24975 (fixed) (Flussonic) Improved bitrate estimation in WebRTC Adaptive bitrate by increasing test packet size twice.
- #24042 (new) (Cloud) Added a list of supported input protocols to Flussonic Cloud documentation.
- #24344 (new) (Flussonic) Added the description of load balancing of published streams among the number of active streams.
- #24414 (new) (Flussonic) Added the description of the
ad_injected event for advertisement logging.
- #24692 (new) (Flussonic) Added UGC Implementation Guideline.
- #23531 (improved) (Watcher) The article about face recognition was updated to clarify how face detection is different from face recognition and why you need face sample database for recognition.
- #23692 (improved) (Flussonic) Updated the description of IPTV plugin.
- #23761 (improved) (Flussonic) It is now possible to add direct links to API fields from the documentation.
- #24056 (improved) (Flussonic) Added the note about deleting DVR archive after deleting a stream.
- #24138 (improved) (Flussonic) Added the description of Publish links displayed on the “Overview” tab of the stream settings.
- #24517 (improved) (Watcher) Described a new playback control in the player allowing you to scroll the archive in frame-by-frame mode.
- #24565 (improved) (Flussonic) Added the description of two ways of inserting mid-roll advertising videos: via regular intervals or according to SCTE35 markers.
- #24589 (improved) (Flussonic) Described the ability to specify country codes to distribute client requests between regions in load balancer.
- #24902 (improved) (Central) Created documentation for Flussonic Central explaining the purpose of the product, basic installation steps, and the entities in the API
- #24968 (improved) (Cloud) Updated screenshots according to the current state of Flussonic Cloud UI.