Flussonic Media Server 20.10
Flussonic Media Server 20.10 has been released.
Adding EPG to MPTS output, audio podcasts via WebRTC, AJA SDI support, ingest from TBS Quad ISDB-T cards, the maintenance page and cut-down version of the Flussonic UI, no more default login and password, MSE-LD player’s new controls.
Flussonic Media Server
- #7921 (new) (Flussonic) Flussonic no longer has the default login and password. You will need to specify your own login and password during the installation. Learn more
- #9780 (new) (Flussonic) Flussoniс now can read XMLTV EPG and send it to MPTS output as EIT. The ‘transponder’ directive has a new option, ‘eit’, for configuring the EIT EPG output. Learn more
- #11422 (new) (Flussonic) Three fields for monitoring incoming streams in API ‘/flussonic/api/input_media_info/STREAM_NAME’: last_gop, gop_size, and avg_fps. Usage example: to identify streams that will cause buffering when being published to social networks because they do not meet the key frame interval requirement. Learn more
- #12351 (new) (Flussonic) The prototype of the capability to read subtitles in the VBI format from video ingested from Decklink SDI cards.
- #12355 (new) (Flussonic UI) Now you can add cache options for VOD files in Files > click the file > Output. Before, this was only possible by editing the configuration file. Learn more
- #12359 (new) (Flussonic UI) Now you can add adaptive bitrate options for WebRTC published streams in Input > options. Before, this was only possible by editing the configuration file. Learn more
- #12459 (new) (Flussonic UI) Now you can add transcoder options for live locations in Locations > [click the location] > Transcoder. Before, this was only possible by editing the configuration file.
- #12579 (new) (Flussonic) Ingest from TBS ISDB-T Quad cards. Learn more
- #12953 (new) (Flussonic UI) You can manage USB license activation files on the Config tab and on the maintenance page.
- #13040 (new) (Flussonic) If there are any issues with the configuration, the UI still opens and allows editing the configuration if possible.
- #13080 (new) (Flussonic) Output to AJA SDI cards. Learn more
- #13150 (new) (Flussonic UI) Push statuses are now shown on the main page as indicators on the right in the Streams list.
- #13291 (new) (Flussonic) Flussonic can add TOT (time offset table) to MPTS output. Options example: time_offset RUS:7 time_of_change=2018-03-23T03:00:00Z local_time_offset=+0600 next_time_offset=+0600. Learn more
- #13315 (new) (Flussonic) Ingest from AJA SDI cards. Learn more
- #13424 (new) (Flussonic) JSON schema for Flussonic ‘read_config’ API call was added.
- #13478 (new) (Flussonic) The configuration of configuring HTTP ports was refactored.
- #12991 (improved) (Flussonic) The default bitrate when transcoding OPUS into AAC was increased to 96kbps.
- #13210 (improved) (Flussonic) The transponder configuration is now better applied in the output MPTS stream. The other_transport_stream field (‘other’) is carried in both NIT and SDT. Learn more
- #13454 (improved) (Flussonic UI) Default coordinates for a logo were changed.
- #13511 (improved) (Flussonic) Flussonic no longer has the configuration file right after the first installation, the file is created after license activation via the UI. Learn more
- #13349 (new) (Player) The MSE player now supports new controls that are found in usual desktop players, such as the the pause, resume, or unmute. The controls are part of MediaElement, which can be attached to the player as a separate part after initializing. The event onMediaAttached indicates that the player has been attached to the HTTP element and therefore is ready to start playing video. The events onPause and onResume are used for adding player’s reaction to these events. Learn more
- #12523 (improved) (Player) Publishing and playing audio-only content via WebRTC is supported now (and this makes it possible to create WebRTC audio podcasts). In your code of the publishing app add to publisher’s ‘constraints’ the line ‘video: false’. Along the way, the mute function was added to the publisher class (publisher.mute()). Learn more at https://www.npmjs.com/package/@flussonic/flussonic-webrtc-player and in the documentation.
- #13061 (new) (Сoder) All features of Coder are now accessible via the web UI.
Flussonic Media Server
- #5018 (fixed) (Flussonic) After transcoding the stream into anamorphic video, the logo was stretched, now it has normal proportions.
- #11778 (fixed) (Flussonic Сoder) Excessive CPU usage on logging errors was reduced.
- #12192 (fixed) (Flussonic): Workaround was added for the bug in Wirecast (Wirecast publishes with negative composition time) that caused freezes while playing published streams via HLS and MPEG-TS over HTTP.
- #12240 (fixed) (Flussonic) All audio tracks in MPEG-TS contain audio in a correct language now.
- #12347 (fixed) (Flussonic UI) The space that the menu occupies on the Config editor page does not change when a button Save appears.
- #12717 (fixed) (Flussonic) If the source was offline for longer than a minute, pushing the stream to UDP2 could fail.
- #12774 (fixed) (Flussonic) VOD and DVR cache cleanup was fixed.
- #12898 (fixed) (Flussonic) If an MP4 file contains a moov atom without the length specified, Flussonic can read such a file.
- #12970 (fixed) (Flussonic) MPTS/SPTS streams with invalid NIT are ingested successfully now.
- #13012 (fixed) (Flussonic) When encoding in HEVC on NVENC, the output bitrate is no longer abnormally high after the user has reconfigured transcoding settings. Similarly, the sharp bitrate increase is no longer seen in HLS output.
- #13029 (fixed) (Flussonic) DASH and HLS manifests now contain correct media information after the disappearance of the audio track.
- #13148 (fixed) (Flussonic) Improved switching between dvbs and dvbs2 modes when ingesting from DVB cards.
- #13161 (fixed) (Flussonic UI) The transcoder UI improvements.
- #13176 (fixed) (Flussonic) Encrypting VOD with KeyOS DRM was fixed.
- #13177 (fixed) (Flussonic UI) Position of fields relative to each other on the Transcoder page was fixed for Firefox and Safari.
- #13213 (fixed) (Flussonic) After the stream source was switched from a fallback file, the stream had incorrect media information.
- #13244 (fixed) (Flussonic UI) Deleting a video track from the transcoder was fixed.
- #13281 (fixed) (Flussonic UI) Better validation for the ‘Allowed domains’ field in the authorization section. The period ('.') is now supported for domain names that contain characters of the Latin alphabet, and IP addressed as domain names are not allowed.
- #13287 (fixed) (Flussonic UI) The field Level in transcoder settings no longer has the default value (level=3.1), but Level can be automatically filled with a calculated value. You can change or save it.
- #13307 (fixed) (Flussonic) The issue ‘segfault … in libc-2.23.so’, which occurred in version 20.09, was fixed.
- #13320 (fixed) (Flussonic) The transcoder on the CPU failed to produce even GOP.
- #13344 (fixed) (Flussonic) M4F streams' media_info was fixed, the bitrate is now shown in the Flussonic UI.
- #13351 (fixed) (Flussonic) Icecast streams ingest (url shout://) was fixed.
- #13354 (fixed) (Flussonic UI) All VOD settings are now saved in the configuration.
- #13442 (fixed) (Flussonic) Useless log messages ‘pulsedb_collector stop’ no longer appear.
- #13464 (fixed) (Flussonic) The issue of version 20.09 with writing an archive to Amazon S3 was resolved.
- #13477 (fixed) (Flussonic) Flussonic now generates correct HLS segment length when publishing via M4S.
- #13489 (fixed) (Flussonic UI) The web UI no longer stops working after repeated clicking the Log button.
- #13517 (fixed) (Flussonic) The unnecessary log messages ‘no logo for track …’ no longer appear.
- #13523 (fixed) (Flussonic) HLS timeshift playlists were trying to work with an invalid session ID on turned off authorization. Now HTTP 400 is returned.
- #13570 (fixed) (Flussonic) The new JSON schema for the ‘modify_config’ API call supports the ‘multicast_loop’ flag in transponder coniguration.
- #13580 (fixed) (Flussonic) The new JSON schema for the ‘modify_config’ API call works with the ‘logo’ option in ‘vod’.
- #13589 (fixed) (Flussonic UI) When scrolling the Config editing box, the error “Cannot set property ‘scrollTop’ of null” no longer occurs.
- #13626 (fixed) (Flussonic) Streams could stop responding after switching to an advertisement.
- #12840 (fixed) (Coder) Enhanced checking of settings and /var partitions of Coder to recover them in non-managed mode after hard reboot.
- #12889 (fixed) (Coder) The indicator about the cause of a channel failure was added (whether the source is off or there was a transcoding issue).
- #13032 (fixed) (Coder) The transcoder could not sometimes recover after overload due to invalid handling of delayed transcoder startup.
- #13068 (fixed) (Coder) If the height was not specified, -1x576 in output media no longer appears after transcoding.
- #13341 (fixed) (Сoder) The transcoder starts successfully.
- #11157 (fixed) (Player) The DVR player in mosaic mode now prefer lowest bitrate.
- #13090 (fixed) (WebRTC Player) Published streams no longer stop playing after the publisher turned on or off the microphone.
- #13275 (fixed) (Player) In the DVR player, the sliders and buttons no longer hide figures.
- #13278 (fixed) (Player) The WebRTC player sometimes failed to pick up the audio from published streams on Mac.
- #13282 (fixed) (Player) Appearance of the DVR player was improved.
- #11291 (fixed) (Catena) If DVR options were specified, streams were not added to Flussonic.
- #12585 (fixed) (Catena) The error ‘error while loading shared libraries: libtinfo.so.5: cannot open shared object file:’ no longer occurs at Catena installation.