Flussonic Media Server 20.08
Flussonic Media Server 20.08 has been released.
The SRT protocol support, another way to specify track bitrates in MPTS, MPTS output improvements, creating an audio chat as a mosaic of published streams.
Flussonic Media Server
#10312 (new) (Flussonic) The support for TTML subtitles in MSS streams. Learn more
#12218 (new) (Flussonic) Now the API command ‘modify_config’ by default returns OK only after all the changes were applied in Flussonic (not only saved on disk). To make ‘modify_config’ respond quicker, add the query string parameter ‘?async=true’. Learn more
#12343 (new) (Flussonic) Playing only specified tracks via MSS (this is useful, for example, for devices that do not support multi-language MSS manifests). Learn more
#12386 (new) (Flussonic) You can create an audio chat as a mosaic of published streams and play it via WebRTC. Learn more
#12594 (new) (Flussonic) You can specify which track to include into output MPTS by assigning it to a PID. Now only tracks with a PID will be sent to transponder or pushed to UPD2. This eliminates the need to create an additional stream to ingest only the tracks you want and then send this stream to MPTS. Learn more
#12629 (new) (Flussonic) The preliminary support for the SRT protocol was added, publication to Flussonic via SRT is now possible. Learn more
#12703 (new) (Flussonic) Output to MPTS now supports bitrate changing right during broadcast. This allows adjusting bitrates to utilize bandwidth. The option ‘vb’ is no longer useful, specify bitrates for tracks in ‘transponder’ as follows: ‘pid 1122 a1 bitrate=150’. Learn more
#11342 (improved) (Flussonic) The following API calls are deprecated: ‘get_config’, ‘config/stream_list’, and the UI paths: streams, files, select_media, clear_select_media, hls_reader_info. To use them, you’ll need to enable the environment variable ‘FLUSSONIC_OLD_CONFIG=true’. Commands ‘stream_create’, ‘stream_update’, ‘stream_delete’, and ‘media’ work as always. Learn more
#12275 (improved) (Flussonic) When pushing to UDP2, you can list PIDs in the following way: ‘push udp2://188.8.131.52:1235 bitrate=7000 pnr=2 vb=6000 pmt=2000 v1=2011 a1=2021’. The option ‘mpegts_pids’ cannot be used with UDP2. Learn more
#12752 (improved) (Flussonic UI) The Runtime column in Media now shows the number of days if the number of hours is greater than 24.
- #8247 (improved) (Player) Publishing of audio-only tracks via WebRTC to Flussonic is supported now (and this can make it possible to stream audio-only content via WebRTC).
Flussonic Media Server
- #12044 (fixed) [Flussonic] An output stream no longer becomes unavailable after the source was lost for some time.
- #12243 (fixed) (Flussonic) The issue with playing DVR on iOS devices via HLS with absolute timeshift was resolved.
- #12323 (fixed) (Flussonic) Now all necessary streams are included in MPTS output.
- #12324 (fixed) (Flussonic) Streams pushed to UDP2 with high bitrate could have artifacts and freezes.
- #12428 (fixed) (Flussonic) When accessing DVR archives via HLS, the 404 error no longer occurs.
- #12435 (fixed) (Flussonic) Pushing audio-only streams to UDP multicast is supported now. This is useful for broadcasting radio sreams.
- #12454 (fixed) (Flussonic UI) Editing any settings in the UI resulted in an error if the Flussonic configuration contained MPTS (‘transponder’) settings.
- #12470 (fixed) (Flussonic UI) For on-demand streams, Flussonic displays the DVR player in a pause state.
- #12483 (fixed) (Flussonic) Ingest via RTMP from Flussonic was fixed.
- #12486 (fixed) (Flussonic) Ingest of ‘url hls2://’ now works.
- #12501 (fixed) (Flussonic) In HLS or DASH streams with WebVTT or TTML subtitles, the subtitles were displayed for a shorter time than in the original stream. Viewer did not have enough time to read the text.
- #12528 (fixed) (Flussonic) Flussonic 20.07 with Nvidia GPU no longer consumes more GPU memory than in version 20.06.
- #12565 (fixed) (Flussonic) Upon changes in a stream media info, Flussonic modifies the HLS or DVR manifest appropriately.
- #12587 (fixed) (Flussonic) The displayed text was too long after conversion of DVB subtitles to WebVTT or TTML.
- #12589 (fixed) (Flussonic) If a transcoder with the ‘size’ option was used, then after the restoration of a temporary unavailable source the HLS manifest could contain incorrect contents causing the transcoder overload.
- #12591 (fixed) (Flussonic) The transcoder no longer fails with the error ‘latm unpack error’.
- #12596 (fixed) (Flussonic) WebRTC publication now works.
- #12615 (fixed) (Flussonic) After the changes in a stream’s media information, the video might be resized incorrectly.
- #12694 (fixed) (Flussonic) Line wraps were added to TTML subtitles.
- #12804 (fixed) (Flussonic UI) The Restart button now works.
- #12279 (fixed) (Player) Improved behavior of timeline markers in the DVR player.
- #11984 (fixed) (Player) If the ‘tracks’ parameter has tracks that are absent in the stream, it does not affect the MSE-LD player.