Flussonic Media Server 20.05 has been released.
ISO 639 language codes in output MPEG-TS, V4L support, pushed streams monitoring, the ‘scte35’ event, UI adptation for mobile devices, multiplexing SPTS streams into MPTS output.
Flussonic Media Server
- #6591 (new) (Flussonic) You can set or change the language of audio tracks in an output MPEG-TS by adding ISO 639 language codes in the input stream configuration. Example: ‘url tshttp://host/input_stream.ts lang.a1=eng lang.a2=rus lang.default=eng;'. This configuration adds the Language descriptors to PMT of an output MPEG-TS stream. Learn more
- #10014 (new) (Flussonic) (experimental) Flussonic can multiplex single SPTS streams into an MPTS output stream. This feature is not finalized yet.
- #10419 (new) (Flussonic) The support for V4L API for ingesting V4L video.
- #11209 (new) (Flussonic) Flussonic now monitors pushed streams and you can use new options for that (retry_timeout, retry_limit, and disabled). The new dedicated UI tab Pushes supports these options and shows the status of each push process.
- #11290 (new) (Flussonic UI) The audio information in the UI now shows the language and type of signal (the number of audio channels).
- #11405 (new) (Flussonic UI) The Flussonic UI was fully adapted for use on mobile devices.
- #11412 (new) (Flussonic) The event ‘scte35’ was added so that you can see in the log that the output HLS stream has SCTE-35 markers. Learn more
- #11500 (new) (Flussonic) Using the network interface name as part of a push multicast address: ‘push udp://email@example.com:1234’. Learn more
- #11550 (new) (Flussonic) The URL ‘tshttp://admin:password@FLUSSONIC-IP/flussonic/api/udpts/[device_id]’ allows ingesting a stream from a DVB card without processing by Flussonic Media Server. Learn more
- #11712 (improved) (Flussonic) The outcoming MPTS via UDP2 now contains all required DVB tables.
Last month we released Flussonic Coder - a video processing solution used for modular, multi-format and multi-protocol transcoding, packaging and delivery.
- #10725 (improved) (Flussonic Coder) The Coder settings were fine-tuned for 60fps: use bf=0 and temporarily disable closed captions.
- #11465 (new) (Flussonic Сoder) The Chassis page shows the firmware version and prompts to upgrade if a newer version is available.
- #8369 (new) (Player) The Flussonic MSE player supports creating a stream that contains several DVR streams that you can view as a mosaic and seek in sync. It will be documented in the near future.
- #11442 (new) (Player) The player can show the level of sound, which helps to understand that there is audio in a stream.
- #11506 (new) (WebRTC Player) When closing a web socket, onError is triggered and closing is treated as an error, and a detailed description and a closing code for the web socket are passed with the error body, which allows the developer to process the lost connection in the WebRTC player.
- #11513 (new) (Player) The MSE player has the new onStats option that is passed in the Config parameter, and it returns an object containing the statistics on the player’s buffers and the corresponding timestamp.
Flussonic Media Server
- #9280 (fixed) (Flussonic) The m3u8 playlists playback for streams with configured DVB subtitles recognition in Safari and Apple devices was fixed.
- #10771 (fixed) (Flussonic) Streams with transcoder no longer freeze at changing a stream source, for example, changing to commercials and back.
- #10851 (fixed) (Flussonic UI) The links on the tab Output no longer contain ‘<stream-name>’.
- #10936 (fixed) (Flussonic) Ingesting EAC3 audio with broken signature was fixed.
- #11009 (fixed) (Flussonic) DRM KeyOS key rotation was fixed. The documentation is to be updated with notes about using the option ‘expires’.
- #11183 (fixed) (Flussonic UI) The issue with excessive ‘PropTypes’ messages was resolved.
- #11237 (fixed) (Flussonic) The specified service (‘program’) is ingested now in MPTS streams.
- #11269 (fixed) (Flussonic) DVB adapter’s file descriptor leakage was fixed.
- #11277 (fixed) (Flussonic) A stream’s media_info now always contains ‘height’.
- #11323 (fixed) (Flussonic UI) On the transcoder page, buttons’ size is now adapted when zooming out the page.
- #11392 (fixed) (Flussonic UI) The transcoder settings no longer contain extra parameters after turning “Copy from origin” on and off.
- #11418 (fixed) (Flussonic) The transcoder no longer restarts after commercials for some streams.
- #11440 (fixed) (Flussonic) The issue with negative PTS in the DASH manifest for streams with an absolute timeshift was fixed.
- #11443 (fixed) (Flussonic) The Intel QSV transcoder now successfully encodes an SDI stream into a stream with Mpeg 1 layer 2 audio.
- #11472 (fixed) (Flussonic) Streams with configured transcoder and the option ‘acodec=mp2a’ could be lost.
- #11479 (fixed) (Flussonic) Playing live MSS streams on LG was fixed.
- #11483 (fixed) (Flussonic UI) For ondemand streams the DVR player in the UI should not be displayed. However, you can use http://FLUSSONIC/STREAMNAME/embed.html?dvr=true.
- #11496 (fixed) (Flussonic) The issue causing the log message ‘libtinfo.so.6: no version information available’ was resolved.
- #11499 (fixed) (Flussonic UI) Multi-editing now works for streams with different video tracks.
- #11519 (fixed) (Flussonic) The issue of version 20.03 with the inactive Save button on the Auth tab was resolved.
- #11528 (fixed) (Flussonic UI) The page of a VOD file did not open if the file was played by clients at that moment.
- #11531 (fixed) (Flussonic) The settings of DVR RAID, missing in version 20.04, are now present in the UI.
- #11543 (fixed) (Flussonic UI) Enabling the transcoder no longer causes the application failure that occurred if the stream had video tracks only.
- #11563 (fixed) (Flussonic) The transcoder no longer causes excessive CPU load, which occurred due to doubling of processes.
- #11571 (fixed) (Flussonic) The issues of version 20.04 with PulseDB were resolved.
- #11585 (fixed) (Flussonic UI) The statistics in Media did not show the number of transcoded streams.
- #11591 (fixed) (Flussonic) If an input MPEG-TS stream had subtitles, the output stream could play with freezes.
- #11598 (fixed) (Flussonic) In a nightly build, the UI failed to open.
- #11617 (fixed) (Flussonic) MPEG-TS streams ingested from a DVB card no longer stop with the error ‘live_stream_segment:feed’.
- #11626 (fixed) (Flussonic) The option ‘scte35=true’ now works.
- #11664 (fixed) (Flussonic) Internal improvement: EPG parser starts only if EPG was enabled on a stream.
- #11686 (fixed) (Flussonic) Playing transcoded streams via DASH could fail in a rare case.
- #11698 (fixed) (Flussonic) A rare race condition caused a DVB card config issue.
- #11714 (fixed) (Flussonic) The issue ‘dvb read status overflow’ was resolved.
- #11728 (fixed) (Flussonic) Global DVR settings were missing in the UI if the specified disk array name contained the word ‘raid’.
- #11390 (fixed) (Player) Some recorded DVR intervals were missing on the timeline.
- #11517 (fixed) (Player) Marks indicating detected motion were missing in DVR player.
- #11430 (fixed) (Flussonic Coder) The issue with transcoder failure and freeze was resolved.
- #11335 (fixed) (Flussonic Сoder) The issue with the ‘direct_feed_prohibited’ error was resolved.
- #11336 (fixed) (Flussonic Сoder) The issue with transcoder overload was resolved.
- #11497 (fixed) (Flussonic Coder) The indicator of coder rebooting now starts immediately.
- #11762 (fixed) (Flussonic Coder) The Chassis page was optimized to reduce resource consumption.