Flussonic version 20.04
Flussonic Media Server 20.04 has been released.
RAID runtime statistics, capturing ATSC from DVB cards, Flussonic Coder, logging on Sentry, transport stream structure in the UI, the pcr_inspector tool.
Flussonic Media Server
- #6244 (new) [Flussonic] You can now configure the rewind feature for DASH to any section of the archive, the same way as for HLS (timeshift_abs-TIME.mpd). An example of the URL: http://flussonic-ip/stream/timeshift_abs-1430227800.mpd
- #10969 (new) [Flussonic UI] The check box EPG on the new EPG tab in the stream settings allows previewing and enbaling the EPG. Learn more
- #11121 (new) [Flussonic] We have prepared our transcoder for full DVB-T/S compliant encoding.
- #11198 (new) [Flussonic] The new utility pcr_inspector.erl can analyze the PCR accuracy jitter. Usage example: /opt/flussonic/contrib/pcr_inspector.erl -n 50000 udp://18.104.22.168:1234 -ipkt 1
- #11214 (new) [Flussonic] The runtime statistics about RAID is now included in the response to the call ‘/flussonic/api/read_config?runtime=true’. If migration is taking place, the response shows the speed, estimated end time, and time of the last change of values. Learn more
- #11265 (new) [Flussonic UI] The Bitrate column on the main page shows whether a stream is SD, HD, FullHD, or UHD.
- #11296 (new) [Flussonic] Flussonic can capture broadcasts in the ATSC format directly from a DVB capture card. Learn more
- #11339 (new) [Flussonic] You can get the program tree of the specified transport stream in the UI on the page admin/test-mpegts.
- #10964 (improved) [Flussonic] The transcoder UI now automatically fills the fields that were left empty with calculated values.
- #11340 (improved) [Flussonic] To configure capturing from a DVB-S board, you’ll now need to add the board’s parameters as a separate entry in the Flussonic configuration. Learn more
- #11389 (improved) [Flussonic] The WebRTC demo app now plays video via WebRTC by using the ?proto=webrtc parameter.
- #11424 (improved) [Flussonic] Flussonic can access the ports it needs as a non-root user.
We have released Flussonic Coder - a video processing solution used for modular, multi-format and multi-protocol transcoding, packaging and delivery.
- #10958 (new) [Flussonic Coder] The Coder reboot status indication in the UI.
- #11419 (improved) [Coder UI] The Chassis page allows the user to change the DNS server.
- #11423 (improved) [Coder UI] The Chassis page allows the user to enable or disable a network interface.
- #5303 (new) [Player] For playing HLS in embed.html you can control the number of buffered segments with the liveSyncDurationCount option (embed.html?liveSyncDurationCount=3). The option is incompatible with ‘realtime=true’. Learn more
- #6586 (new) [MSE-LD Player] The MSE-LD player accepts the ‘tracks=v1a1’ query string parameter and shows the message if the requested tracks are not present in the stream.
- #10857 (new) [MSE-LD Player] When closing a web socket, onError is triggered and closing is treated as an error, and a detailed description and a closing code for the web socket are passed with the error body, which allows the developer to process the lost connection in the MSE-LD player.
Flussonic Media Server
- #9375 (fixed) [Flussonic] The ‘migrate’ option no longer causes failure of recording to and playing video from DVR RAID.
- #9841 (fixed) [Flussonic] Deleting a disk from the DVR RAID can no longer cause the UI to stop working.
- #9944 (fixed) [Flussonic] The transcoder now processes M4F streams successfully.
- #10040 (fixed) [Flussonic] In Origin locations, the streams' DVR information is now present.
- #10195 (fixed) [Flussonic] Transcoded channels could become inactive.
- #10656 (fixed) [Flussonic] The time of displaying teletext was shorter than in an incoming stream.
- #10809 (fixed) [Flussonic] The query string with a token for playing VOD via DASH was fixed.
- #10837 (fixed) [Flussonic] The icons were returned to control buttons in the DVR player.
- #10855 (fixed) [Flussonic] In version 20.02 playlists of transcoded streams contained incorrect subtitle track names, which led to subtitles in a wrong language.
- #10890 (fixed) [Flussonic] The issue of version 20.01.1 with offline license activation was resolved.
- #11005 (fixed) [Flussonic] Now all disks in a RAID are populated proportionally to their size.
- #11019 (fixed) [Flussonic] The DVR RAID’s cache no longer stores obsolete data.
- #11023 (fixed) [Flussonic] The issue of v20.02 with failed transcoding of HEVC streams was resolved.
- #11162 (fixed) [Flussonic UI] The issue with missing token on the DVR page was resolved.
- #11166 (fixed) [Flussonic UI] Deleting a VOD location was fixed.
- #11182 (fixed) [Flussonic UI] Deleting tracks on the Transcoder page was fixed.
- #11115 (fixed) [Flussonic] Exsessive messages about transcoder overload were removed.
- #11207 (fixed) [Flussonic] When checking for a newer version in post-release versions, Flussonic no longer offers to degrade to a previous version.
- #11212 (fixed) [Flussonic] RTMP publication of multibitrate streams was fixed, only the first tracks are published now.
- #11218 (fixed) [Flussonic] High CPU usage due to ‘push rtmp://’ causing excessive subscriptions to events of streams with lost sources was fixed.
- #11245 (fixed) [Flussonic] After transcoding with ‘sar’ specified, output streams have a correct ‘sar’.
- #11263 (fixed) [Flussonic UI] When returning to the list in Media, the selected stream is no longer selected.
- #11276 (fixed) [Flussonic UI] The width of the Bitrate box was increased.
- #11288 (fixed) [Flussonic] The field DeviceID is now obligatory if a hardware transcoder was selected in the transcoding settings.
- #11295 (fixed) [Flussonic] The issue with some transcoded streams failing to play was resolved.
- #11304 (fixed) [Flussonic] The API call /flussonic/api/modify_config is no longer terminated due to timeout.
- #11311 (fixed) [Flussonic] The incident with a failure to read DVR was resolved.
- #11349 (fixed) [Flussonic] Flussonic now prohibits publication to a stream from another source when the first source is in the process of publishing.
- #11360 (fixed) [Flussonic] The issue in a nightly build with publishing to Akamai was resolved.
- #11464 (fixed) [Flussonic] Temporary stops in active output UDP streams caused by an attempt to push data to that stream from another IP address no longer happen.
- #3542 (fixed) [Player] The embed.html player resumes playing automatically now when a lost stream is back.
- #4713 (fixed) [Player] When playing live broadcasts, the player attempted to display video screenshots when the user hovered the mouse over the timeline.
- #4832 (fixed) [Player] The MSE-LD player via embed.html?realtime=true could delay before it began playing a stream.
- #5044 (fixed) [Player] The ‘from’ parameter now works correctly.
- #5531 (fixed) [Player] The loading of preview no longer causes an error for started live and ondemand streams.
- #9812 (fixed) [Player] A single timeline for multi-stream DVR was added.
- #11274 (fixed) [Player] On Android, the position of the button for choosing the quality was fixed.
- #11448 (fixed) [Сoder] Turning on DHCP for chassis was fixed.