Flussonic Media Server 20.03 has been released.
Flussonic Media Server
- #9460 (new) [Flussonic] Flussonic can ingest video from a satellite via a DVB-S receiver if you configure a stream source as ‘url mpts-dvb://'. Learn more about options that go with ‘url mpts-dvb://’ in the documentation.
- #9496 (new) [Flussonic] The fallback file to be played while the main source is down can be transcoded now if the stream was configured with the transcoder. Configure it as follows: ‘backup vod/backup-file.mp4 transcode=true’. Learn more
- #9839 (new) [Flussonic] Closed captions in MPEG2 streams remain in the stream after transcoding.
- #10186 (new) [Flussonic] The UI appearance has been enhanced.
- #10634 (new) [Flussonic] Now you need to explicitly enable EPG collection for a stream in stream settings, with the option ‘epg on’. The IPTV plugin is no longer used for this purpose. Learn more
- #10716 (new) [Flussonic] The transcoder with Intel Quick Sync now supports the resize strategy (crop, fit, scale) that was added in 20.02.
- #10867 (new) [Flussonic] Conax/Nagra DRM integration: you can protect the content you broadcast with Conax SSP Key Servers. Learn more
- #10922 (new) [Flussonic] The transcoder parameter ‘drop_second: true|false’ was replaced with ‘deinterlace_rate: frame|field’ in the configuration file. In the UI it stays the same. Learn more
- #10971 (new) [Flussonic UI] The indicator of the transcoder load was added, in percent.
- #5093 (new) [Player] The Player now allows taking real-time video screenshots.
Flussonic Media Server
- #4496 (fixed) [Flussonic] The transcoder parameter ‘aspect’ is now applied correctly for ‘hw=qsv’.
- #9782 (fixed) [Flussonic] Closed captions coming in PID MPEG-2 streams are now converted to WebVTT successfully.
- #9909 (fixed) [Flussonic] The transcoder supports fractional values for fps in output streams.
- #9984 (fixed) [Flussonic] Flussonic no longer ingests an incorrect RTSP audio track (track that actually has no audio) and no longer passes such a track to MSE and Watcher.
- #10078 (fixed) [Flussonic] Source switching in published streams was fixed.
- #10555 (fixed) [Flussonic] Some special characters in a stream name are now processed correctly. The UI shows the message about possible incorrect behavior of the UI if there are special characters in a stream name.
- #10569 (fixed) [Flussonic] The Flussonic’s MSE Player could lag after initializing.
- #10692 (fixed) [Flussonic] In certain Flussonic builds, output video could play with freezes after transcoding on Nvenc.
- #10703 (fixed) [Flussonic UI] The Remove button on the transcoder page now deletes tracks correctly.
- #10795 (fixed) [Flussonic] Flussonic servers using an offline license key now run successfully.
- #10807 (fixed) [Flussonic] The WebRTC demo application was updated to receive the relevant changes in Flussonic.
- #10821 (fixed) [Player] The playback marker is no longer centered by default. You can turn it on with the option ‘centeredSeek’.
- #10832 (fixed) [Flussonic] After the source was lost for some time, an output stream became unavailable due to lost media info.
- #10874 (fixed) [Flussonic] Correct processing of streams with variable SAR: It works on the Nvenc transcoder with the ‘fit’ resize strategy and preferred ‘sar’ specified, and the ‘seamless=true’ must be added.
- #10918 (fixed) [Flussonic] The server-side mosaic configured with ‘local=false’ is now reloaded successfully after a failure of one of the subordinate nodes.
- #10924 (fixed) [Flussonic] The issue of v20.02 with streams stopping with the error ‘live_stream_input:1635 DTS backward jump’ was resolved.
- #10962 (fixed) [Flussonic UI] The boxes in the transcoder options for video tracks are now more compact.
- #10963 (fixed) [Flussonic UI] The position and animation of the icon that opens additional menus were improved.
- #10984 (fixed) [Flussonic UI] The issue of 20.02 with editing the source URL on the Input tab was resolved.
- #10998 (fixed) [Flussonic] Now media_info for .ts file sources is updated duly while reading the file.
- #11028 (fixed) [Flussonic] Flussonic now closes an RTSP socket when a published stream is restarted.
- #11033 (fixed) [Flussonic UI] The list of streams on the main page now shows stream status and clients separately.
- #11035 (fixed) [Flussonic] Some DVR records failed to play via HDS.
- #11043 (fixed) [Flussonic] WebRTC sessions failed to update user authorization.
- #11051 (fixed) [Flussonic UI] The issue with a stream’s page being empty in Cluster Restreaming configuration was resolved.
- #11066 (fixed) [Flussonic UI] The issue with the Overview page of a published stream failing to open was resolved.
- #11074 (fixed) [Flussonic] The strategy of resize ‘crop’ works correctly with anamorphic channels now.
- #11114 (fixed) [Flussonic] Excessive logging of DTS when it had not changed was removed.
- #11119 (fixed) [Flussonic] For the streams configured with the transcoder prior to Flussonic version 20.02, the output bitrate no longer increases if deinterlace was turned on. In newer versions, use ‘deinterlace_rate=frame’ if you encounter such an increase.
- #11136 (fixed) [Flussonic] Downloading MP4 files by a direct link was not accounted as a user session by Flussonic.
- #5051 (fixed) [Player] If there were gaps in an archive, the playhead could jump over gaps on the timeline inaccurately.
- #8281 (fixed) [Player] Autoplay in Safari starts successfully.
- #9812 (fixed) [Player] A single timeline for multi-stream DVR was added.
- #10077 (fixed) [Player] The issue ‘Unhandled Promise Rejection: AbortError: The operation was aborted’ with playback via embed.html in Safari was resolved.
- #10342 (fixed) [Player] When playing the DVR of an offline (disconnected) camera, the player now shows ‘No live stream’ message at once.
- #10707 (fixed) [Player] Navigating through a DVR archive by selecting dates in the calendar now works successfully.